Frustration!

SueH

Have you ever tried to organise anything in a club or group of people?

We only want to have a swap-meet in our RC club, a get together to buy/sell and just chat.  But it appears to be a huge mountain to climb.  We only have 27 members!!!

It's driving me nuts.

Roll on 1st March when we are on the boat so can forget this for a week.

SueH

• Like 4

It's no use trying to placate everyone, Sue.

Mary-Jane and I ran three " Norfolk Broads Meets" a year across three forums for nearly three years and we soon found that if we listened to everyone's suggestions/moans/brainstorms we would never get anywhere.

If you're up to doing it as a favour to the others then, after listening to (sensible) suggestions, you'll just have to say how it's going to be!

Try running a kids football team,

from under 12 all the way to under 18.........

7 years of hell trying to get them to the matches, especially when they were 16-18 as we played on a Sunday morning, you could guarantee more than half were hung over from the Saturday night......

Best 7 years of my life...

We had some great times, and even though the lads are now 22 to 23 years old, if they pop into the pub they will fill my glass for me....

I ran 4 meets from a AOL chat room several years ago. Had folks from as far as the USA attend. I agree with the "Admiral" if you listened to all the suggestions etc you would get nowhere fast!

Do it the way you see fit and I am sure all will be a success. Best of luck.