Winning the lottery

Gracie

I think people are being too - how to say 'reserved'.

In 2011 Colin and Chris Weir won One Hundred and Sixty One Million, Six Hundred and Fifty Three Thousand pounds.

If that was me - I know exactly what I would do.

I have a boat designed and built.

I'd go to Italy and get a couple of boat designers for some sexy lines on the outside  then head off to recruit some German and Swedish chaps to design all the switch gear inside and work their magic ensuring everything was neat, tidy and built like a tank.  Then it would be off to San Francisco for the techy guys to bring some 'Google like vision' to navigation and  automated boat control.  Back to England for the Engineering side of things and engines and for the final build of it all.

Then I'd come to Norfolk, buy up a bunch of land by a river and create Robin Marine Services (since I like the initials RMS) and have the best boats form small to large built for hire.  I'd also have a separate Marina area for private boats to moor and not charge by the foot but by the weight of the craft  which would turn things as are upside down as far as everyone else was concerned.

There would be an onsite hotel, restaurant and bar along with other amenities and landscaped grounds not to mention Norfolk Broads first golf course to make it a destination for people visiting friends on their boats or just for those  wanting to come to the river and stay.

It would drive the BA planning committee nuts and be all over the EDP lol.

Siddy, I had 5 numbers up in 1997, didn't even win £1000, and I had to go 10 miles to a village post office to collect my cheque. On the funny side when I went to pay the said cheque in, my banks staff all wanted to see what a winning cheque looked like lol.

On the plus side, it did pay for two Broads holidays. :)

Robin, err the Germans Switchgear is no better than what is manufactured in the UK ..IMHO. Germans stuff is only dearer.

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Siddy, I had 5 numbers up in 1997, didn't even win £1000, and I had to go 10 miles to a village post office to collect my cheque. On the funny side when I went to pay the said cheque in, my banks staff all wanted to see what a winning cheque looked like lol.

On the plus side, it did pay for two Broads holidays. :)

Robin, err the Germans Switchgear is no better than what is manufactured in the UK ..IMHO. Germans stuff is only dearer.

cheers Iain.

Spot on there Iain,

I think too many people have allowed themselves to be brainwashed about German engineering being the best in the world. Ask yourself one question, how many F1 cars are built in Germany .................. None, even the Mercedes that Lewis Hamilton drives is built in the UK, and how many BMW`s do you see broken down on the side of the road or on the back of recovery trucks, but most importantly, WHO WON THE WAR?, and NO it was`nt the Americans, all they did was win it in Hollywood.

OK, so that was 3 questions.  Now where`s that laughing smiley gone?.

WELL!!!!  to me it has just happened.

I have put the computer on this morning and BANG!!! an e-mail from Lotto telling me I have won.

Today I have got to go and help my son dig out an old garage base.

Has he got any tools? NO.(only mine)

So I won't be buying a new boat or a boatyard, I am going to Homebase to spent my £25 on a new shovel. :cry

• Like 1