Disillusioned newbie looking for new forum

Gramps

Hello Wussername thanks for the welcome, Being as you are a "Norfolk Man"  I am a little envious although to outsiders the grass is always greener on the other side'

Would like to see any pictures that could validate your claim as winner of North Allerton Baby Competition  if you have any.

North Yorkshire is a far cry from Norfolk but I love both places.

Ron

Ron, Hi.

I've lived in Norfolk for 35 years now but I'm coming to my old "home" this morning for the 62nd reunion of the 'Class of 52' of Grimsby Wintringham Grammar School........................

It's a small world!

It sure is, I am 25 miles south of Grimsby between Sutton on Sea and Mablethorpe. Have had some good times on the Humber Bank plus one bad one. Slipped and fell off the north wall at Bay 18 and spent 9 days in Grimsby Hospital a few years ago, the staff were brilliant.

Hope you have a great reunion.

Ron

• Like 2

Hi Gramps.

I actually live in Great Coates. Afraid you can no longer get near the North Wall. ABP are very security conscious. Occasionally they do have an open day at the Dock Tower.

Its all changed a great deal now with all the offshore wind energy companies, and the car import docks. Its not like it once was. The Humber itself is still very busy, with plenty of shipping movements. You mention Killingholme. That huge now, and very busy. I still find the bank interesting.

Talking of fishing they are now enforcing some archaic old law to stop people setting drift nets at low water off Cleethorpes. Its a shame there was only to of the old fishermen still doing it.

Still I guess nothing stays the same!

Maurice

• Like 1

Its a small world John.

I live on the edge of Grimsby where you originate from before moving to Norfolk, and I left Norfolk a long time ago to return to Lincolnshire!

I once lived almost opposite the Crown at Smallburgh. So it was not far to come to the Broads then. That was a long time ago though.

Maurice

• Like 1

HA,

I live in Grimsby, my dad went to Wintringham (he was born in 1946). My son plays football at what is now Oasis Academy - Wintringham

Ron, Hi.

I've lived in Norfolk for 35 years now but I'm coming to my old "home" this morning for the 62nd reunion of the 'Class of 52' of Grimsby Wintringham Grammar School........................

It's a small world!

The mods all work hard to try to keep it that way too :D

Do we Mark? :naughty:  Yes we do, and very much like it to remain light hearted as Gramps said. :)  There are many topics of reading, not all Broads related. 

They said you will enjoy your retirement. You bet, by trying to give some of my spare time back to this forum. :)

cheers Iain.

• Like 3