Disillusioned newbie looking for new forum

Gramps

Hello All

I registered for membership a few days ago and have been lurking and browsing since then. I wanted to be sure this was a friendly place to visit occasionally. I must say that I like what I see. So with your permission I would like to make this my preferred fix whilst waiting for my next NB holiday. I am not a prolific poster but hope to be able to contribute something positive from time to time. I feel I will be in good company as several user IDs are familiar although I have never met any of them

Ron

• Like 7

Welcome Gramps.  A word of warning to you and all of our new members -  we have all been on our best behaviour lately (including Gracie, for a wonder!)  but don't be surprised if threads wander off topic, or degenerate into a contest to find the worst pun imaginable or similar. We even acknowledge the existence of other bodies of water apart from the Broads (shocking, I know). 

We do discuss serious topics and our members are a mine of useful information, but we do like to have fun, too. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

• Like 5

A very warm welcome aboard from me Gramps :wave

You have to watch that Kadensa, she's always wandering off topic, something I wouldn't dream of doing :liar

Seriously, this is a lovely place to be, hope you enjoy it as much as me, if you're having a bad day just log on and you'll soon cheer up

Grace

..... We even acknowledge the existence of other bodies of water apart from the Broads (shocking, I know). 

We do discuss serious topics and our members are a mine of useful information, but we do like to have fun, too. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Wow, I am impressed, sounds more like my kind of forum.

After all, a lot of us live a few hours from the Broads, and have to take our substitute fix by visiting local waterways. Sometimes on foot too.