Todays Picture

Very good idea to have a "picture of the day" thread. Once it is going strong it would be excellent if some/many of the pictures could be current rather than historical. For those of us who live a long way away seeing a photo taken today adds an extra frisson of interest!

Peter, I was hoping to nudge you on this one. Keep them coming!

Kadensa. I've always found watching webcams a bit unfulfilling. Would much rather see a photo taken by a real person who has taken care in composing their image. Sorry!

Not a particularly good picture but hopefully interesting to sailies. It shows a Waveney One Design sailing on Oulton Broad during Oulton Regatta 2014. Incidentally W10 was built for my father immediately after World War Two. Dad was one of several local business men that ordered new boats in an attempt to re-kick-start the local economy and the new yacht club. The Waveney was designed as a class boat originally for the Waveney Yacht Club, later amalgamated to become the Waveney & Oulton Broad Yacht Club in 1946.

OultonWeek2014002-1.jpg

• Like 1

.....We could probably do with a look at our settings I agree, as some weren't quite right after the migration to the new software......

Yes, maybe worth a look,

...quite aside from the policy decision of whether to allow or block, it's not consistent across the site.

Nothing particularly spectacular about this except for the river level. We spent 4hrs at The Berney Arms waiting to pass under the Yarmouth bridges, we got turned round on Breydon by the BA. It was October 2009, note the lack of quay!!!

post-30510-0-72406100-1410726171_thumb.j

• Like 1