BA AND BREYDON.

SPEEDTRIPLE

Hi all,

We all know about the Spirit of Breydon, and how it`s supposed to be used for rescuing people from boats stranded on the Breydon mudflats, but i would have thought the ideal craft for rescuing people on a beached boat would have been a Hovercraft. I was wondering why the did`nt have one purely for that purpose?. They could easily rescue the crews, while leaving the boat secured until the tide comes up sufficently to allow the salvage of the boat later. What do people think?.

Another point i thought of was if they ARE allowed on the broads at all. Imagine the fun you can have at places such as Breydon (no what state of tide) and Hickling. You get wading birds etc on ALL mudflats, especialy in the Thames and Medway estuaries, and hovercraft are allowed to traverse them, so why is it different on the broads?.

• Like 1

This subject has been done to death Neil.

Nothing will change whatever any of us think!  :norty:

Besides, a hovercraft in a good swell or high winds would

be like driving a car on ice without studded tyres  :naughty:

Sounds ideal but in reality, not very good at all. IMHO!

Besides, if you get Thunder stuck on Breydon, we want

to see the photo's  :grin:

By-the-way,   :wave

I guess their sporty boat has half a chance of moving or towing a cruiser if it gets into trouble (maybe just a little stuck on the mud) and also I understood it has better "sea handling" in rough weather that the smaller boats don't have so it can patrol Breydon in the worst weather.

Or maybe they just wanted to be like Bay Watch :River Police  Anything with a flat bottom would be better for getting to people on the mud, but awful in rough weather - so I think they went for the rough weather handling myself.

As for hovercraft - Think of the noise. I agree good fun on Breydon, but the waders would definitely not be happy.

You will feel the wrath of the twitchers now Speedtriple two guns

If you have never tried to "fly" a hovercraft I recommend it at least once. Terrific fun. And if you think a 45 footer with a novice on board is bad have you ever seen a hovercraft go out of control with a novice on board - very dangerous, but very funny.

Speed, there's a lot of similarity to riding a bike if you haven't tried it and you sound like you like a bit of speed now and again?

Can you get electric hovercraft? And not a Flymo before anyone comments. Now that would be much less objectionable.

I you go aground it won't be spirit of bullsh1t rescuing you, it will still be gorleston lifeboat as SOB is deeper draughted than any hireboat so won't get near, a complete waste of money no doubt decided on by a numpty in an office that has never seen breydon water, probably helped by an accountant too.

As for the hovercraft, gis a go!!!!!!

• Like 3

This subject has been done to death Neil.

Nothing will change whatever any of us think!  :norty:

Besides, a hovercraft in a good swell or high winds would

be like driving a car on ice without studded tyres  :naughty:

Sounds ideal but in reality, not very good at all. IMHO!

Besides, if you get Thunder stuck on Breydon, we want

to see the photo's  :grin:

By-the-way,   :wave

Hi Bill,

if the i got Thunder stuck on the mud at Breydon, the owners will be phoning the police and trying to get me arrested. I own a share in Lightning  :naughty: :naughty:

Neil, we are on Lightning for a week from Saturday. Will try not to get stuck on Breydon.

Roy

Have a good week Roy, 

Do you know where the small infill for the portside fwd double conversion went, as Karen and i would prefer to use that than the big "V", which we think makes getting in and out of bed a bit difficult?.

The cushion is still there, but the infill base we could`nt find anywhere?.

To avoid confusion, we DID find the big V in the aft twin, but don`t like it.