Beam of Light or Jasmine Emblem?

daver

We are planning a return to the broads in 2015 and have either Beam of Light or Jasmine Emblem at the top of our list. Essentially the same boat but different boatyards and around £100 difference in price - Ferry being more expensive but seemingly the better specified boat but the Herbert Woods boats were original Brooms built so may be a better quality. So forum friends, which is the better deal?? Thanks Dave

The one that leaves an extra £100 in your pocket for spending money. As long as it floats and gets you from A to B then that's good enough :)

As long as it has a bed to sleep in, a cooker to boil the kettle and a head to do the other business in then you are sorted.

The REAL enjoyment is being on the broads ;)

Steve & Deb

• Like 2

Why is the ferry marina one better equipped? Are there any add ons to include that could make a difference? Is Horning a better start point than Potter?

Hat one has the better colour scheme?!

Saw them both last year (although I think there are 2 Beams of Light) and in my opinion Jasmine looked in the better condition halfway through the season but that might not be the case next year!

In total agreement with Moosey.

We hired from Ferry Marina this year and must say that their boats are very well looked after however old they might be.

Is the £100 price difference including Fuel, car parking, damage waiver and diver's insurance at HW the same as at Ferry?

The only problem I had with Ferry was deciding whether to turn left or right when we left the yard ( not an option at HW)

Whatever you decide just enjoy.

Jeff

I have not hired from HW ( I can't as they wont hire to a single adult). I have hired with Ferry Marina several times in the the last four or five years and .. well I keep going back, so I think that says a lot about Harry the Heron and his team! :)

Thanks for the many thoughts. I tend to agee with SteveandDeb that if it floats and moves then thats what its all about - but 'The Boss' likes her comforts so the little extras on Jasmine Emblem i.e. 240v hook up may be the deciding factor. The other winner is hiring from a boatyard that wants to look after us - and it looks like Ferry are ahead here. cheers!!!