Purple boat paint needed

Hello all.

It's been a while since i last posted on the forum ( I've been busy prepping the boat), basically I need some advice about Purple paint for a boat.

I've scoured the internet and cannot find Purple paint specifcally for marine use.

So far the only purple exterior paint i can find is

http://www.diy.com/departments/dulux-made-by-me-interior-exterior-purple-passion-gloss-paint-750ml/184201_BQ.prd?gclid=CKy9-9WWv8ICFfQatAod6GQAiQ&ecamp=SEAPLA184201_BQ&ef_id=Uq@SXgAAAW15GVMh:20141211234846:s

Would this be suitable for use on a boat topside.

I have started all the prep work already, the downside is i will have the boat out of the water for 2 weeks in mid february which weather wise isnt the best time for painting but is the only time I will have to do it.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Branden :-D

If its solvent based (so it says use white spirit to clean the brushes) it will do.

Although it may blister if the glass gets very hot in the summer and it may be easier damaged so chip.

We used to use Wilkes version each year on our last boat and it made it through the year but needed repainting each season.

Dare I say if you struggle you could use car paints although they are a right pain to remove if you change your mind.. but will do the job..  I guess you could try and mix it yourself depending on how big of area (although if you do.. do it in one go as you will probably never get the same colour second time round)..

As you say it's way too cold and damp to think about painting at the moment though.

Of course as an alternative you could use a nicer colour, more in keeping with the surroundings - perhaps it is a shame boats are not "listed" and then you would have to!!!!!!!!

I find the thousands of Blue and White boats very boring and highly uncreative. For me if I'm going to spend my time and money on my own boat then why not make it a colour thats unique and i find pleasing.

I must add that i was hoping for a more pastel purple than the homebase one i added a link to.

I should add that my boat is currently a horrible yellowy brown colour which is different from all the boats around it.

Thanks for the advice forumites, i'll look into some of the suggestions.

Branden

• Like 1

SML do a dark Violet

https://www.smlmarinepaints.co.uk/topcoats/single_pack/pioner-topcoat

If you press the colour tab then pick the RAL range they also show a purple.

Not sure if this is any good?

Thanks Maxwellian i looked through the colours and found the exact colour i was looking for. :-D Ordering on monday

This place will make up any colour you want and even match your existing if you have an example, if it's on any colour chart they can make it, the only downside is they are based in Oulton Broad and you will have to go in to order it and to pick it up, they usually only take a couple of days, the best bit is they are the cheapest place I know for marine paint, Jenny Morgan and I both use them, I've tried their paints and varnish and they are the best I've used so far, I can't fault them,

http://www.withamgroup.co.uk/woco/helpful-hints/

Frank,,,,