Hole in the Toad & Baked Beans

GeoffandWendy

Ingredients.

Serves 2.

1 ring of Cumberland Sausage, or 6 Cumberland/ Lincolnshire Sausages.

1 medium sized onion

1 Packet of Auntie Bessies Yorkshire Pudding Mix, or similar.

1 Tin of Baked Beans.

1 egg

Half a cup of milk/water according to your preference

Method.

Peel, slice and chop up the onion

Lightly pre fry the sausages with the onion

Then place in a suitably sized round casserole dish

Mix the Yorkshire pudding mix with 1 egg and sufficient milk/water to form the batter mix

Pour the mix over the sausages and onion and heat in a hot oven (gas mark 5) until the Yorkshire rises. (approx 30 minutes)

Open tin of beans using tin opener (avoid Robin's method of screwdriver :norty: ) then heat in the microwave for three to four minutes.

Serve the cooked sausages and Yorkshire on a plate, pour over the beans and enjoy.

You can use any kind of sausage, but I prefer Cumberland or Lincolnshire.

Thank you.    I would need to cook on between 6 and 7 to get the batter to rise in my boat oven.    The beans would have to be heated on the gas ring but all doable.   Well done and would make a nice change.     I know I am going back many moons to the 50s, but in Bahrain Mum used to buy tinned sausages, not hot dogs things, but proper sausages.   Pity you cannot get them now, they would have been a jolly good stand by for the boat.

Thank you Highlander, I understand about having to cook on 6 or 7 (depending on type of oven) but a pack of fresh sausages, will keep in the fridge for four or five days. Not keen on tinned hot dog sausages, they seem rubbery and taste synthetic.

Plus its always very tricky getting the hotdog sausages out of the tin...

Grendel

• Like 1

Toad in the hole to me is sausages part cooked then yorky pud mix poured in a square tin add the sausages so that when the puds cooked so are the sausages then serve with mash and 3 veg and lashings of gravy Kathy cooks it regular on board Dungraftin.

Clive

Toad in the hole to me is sausages part cooked then yorky pud mix poured in a square tin add the sausages so that when the puds cooked so are the sausages then serve with mash and 3 veg and lashings of gravy Kathy cooks it regular on board Dungraftin.

Clive

So, it`s all round clives boat for dinner then lol.

Clive, i did`nt realise your boat was dungraftin, i think we saw you aflooat last year, possibly late October?, we were on Lightning on the southern rivers when it all flooded.

• 1 year later...