Putting on a Duvet Cover

Hylander

Well I have not tried it myself and I am not known for my patience so we will see.  If it works it will be a lot easier.     Well may be not a lot easier because if your bed is anything like ours on the boat , we cannot walk around it as in the demonstration but will give it a go.  Try anything once.

:P The problem with me is it is only me, myself and I who change the bedding  :angel: . On the boat we have two single berths, but at home we a king size bedding and I must admit I have no problem  :clap (its being a women  :twisted:  :twisted: , sorry guys  :naughty: ).

Regards

Marina   :Stinky

After I lost my wife I was on my own for three years until I met Wendy. I managed quite easily to change the duvet cover on my own every week, as well as washing and ironing, cooking and house keeping chores, so it is just not a woman thing.  :clap Sorry ladies. :naughty:

Having been in the Royal Navy for 16 years, gave me enough domestic training to look after ones self. Nobody but me to do my washing or ironing.

Now I just take it easy and let Wendy do it all!   :P

• Like 1

Alan I reckon 99% of boaters would agree with your request about the mattress cover.      Hubby usually makes the bed on the boat and you should hear him cuss and swear while doing so and it is best to avoid that area of the boat until the task it complete.      It is not so bad if you can get around the bed but we have not got that luxury.

Oh the luxury of having an island bed on boat rather than a mattress that is next to the walls on almost three sides.

The problem with most boats you trade off one thing for another. I am still waiting to find that perfect boat out there. Maybe one day, I guess we will have to just have to slum it till then. :naughty:

Regards

Alan

Oh the luxury of having an island bed on boat rather than a mattress that is next to the walls on almost three sides.

The problem with most boats you trade off one thing for another. I am still waiting to find that perfect boat out there. Maybe one day, I guess we will have to just have to slum it till then. :naughty:

Regards

Alan

If being on RB is slumming it Alan, when is the Bling Broom being purchased to be unslummed? :naughty:

Seriously, we take or own matress elasticated covers singles and doubles, you can buy very cheaply in Asda or similar. Take the base off, slip the covers on. Job done.

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Both me and Kathy don't have any problem with duvaes at home as our eldest daughter pops round and does them she's like lightning with them but at the boat well its the best of three falls and a touchdown to get them on an the bottom sheet I daren't go there.

Clive

• Like 1

Well as someone who professes to practice what she preaches this morning I thought here goes I will try this method on the 5 foot bed with a 14 tog duvet on it , single handed.

Took me three goes.

Firstly I had the cover on top of the duvet - wrong.   Unrolled the thing.

Secondly I did it all as she describes with the opening at the foot of the bed - wrong.   The opening should be at the Head board end.  Unrolled the thing.

Thirdly - tried it all again and Bingo - no need to go to the gym (I must have gone round the bed 10 times) it worked.

I think the jury is out here.   I am like many others , duvet cover in side out, put all ends together and bring over duvet and shake down and do up at the bottom.

Finally absolutely no neede for safety pins.   Whatever next.

• Like 3