New BA Chairwoman

Surely any change is a good thing Peter? as long as they have some idea of what the job entails and/or common sense to make informed sensible decisions.  I'm sure as you also agree it makes no different what type of human they are, he / shes, indigo colour skin, pink/purple etc. As long they do a bloody good job ;)

Good luck to them :)

Somebody is undoubtedly bringing the Authority into disrepute, and should be stopped!

Poppy, just can't imagine who that might be! Okay, so I can and I suspect others can too. What surprises me is that Dr Johnson has commented as he has, I really did think that on such a topic he'd quietly withdraw. 

I read in eddie's post, That dr Johnson states ...

"We have no democratic mandate from the public, so we are not required to be accountable"

A staggering attitude for anyone in a position of authority in a public body.

• Like 1

As from next year approx 70% of Broads Authority income will be from tolls. Will approx 70% of BA activity be tolls/navigation related? What will the toll payer be able to do if it's not? Diddley Squat, Sweet Fanny Adams, San Fairy Ann, we don't have a vote, they are not required to be accountable.