New Ice Cream Boat

Gordon

Apologies if this has already been covered already.

I discovered to my delight on this lovely sunny bank holiday at S Walsham that a new ice cream boat is plying its trade. Even more delighted to learn that it was staffed by some old friends

I understand it covers Barton (Gays Staithe and Paddy's )lane down to the Bure and S Walsham. So if you see the ladies give them a wave and better still ... Stop them and buy one.

Just to clarify they steer clear of Ludham Bridge and How Hill to avoid poaching someone else's patch

• Like 6

What puts me off mobile food places of any kind, is thinking how they would go to the loo, and thoroughly wash their hands before serving me.

If I am not satisfied with their personal hygine, or the cleanliness of their facilities, then I will not use them.

If in doubt, prepackaged food is the way to go.

In the case of ice cream, then Cornettos, or Magnums for me.

Mind you, I have been spoilt, you can buy a box of four equivalent ones from Aldi for less than the price for one from some vendors.

Pre packaged food? What the eye don't see etc. I do understand your point though but where do we draw the line? Rule out most of the food in the shops.? Avoid all restaurants cafés etc. very much personal choice I guess,

I also avoid open peanuts in pubs, the seed tray in Indian restaurants and loose chocolates in Thorntons.

There are too many people who are " walkers" who don't wash their hands after visiting the loo... No.1 and No.2 aghhh...

Mind you, you can't always avoid it, they use phones, keyboards, hand rails, door handles...

If I'm reading this correctly, 2 ladies in an open boat. Where the heck do they do a number 2 let alone a wee!!!

And just because somewhere has washing facilities you assume they use them?

Whilst I'm all for personal hygien give them a break and assume they will wash their hands next time they take a dump off the end of the staithe!!!!

And yes this was done to death when discussing the ice cream boat that was for sale on the Brundall area.

• Like 1

I for one are happy to use mobile food vans/boats provided the operatives and the facility's look clean and tidy . I base this on the fact that nothing really deadly is going to happen to me and I have so far survived 6 decades in fine health

What I have developed a serious allergy to though is the modern risk averse ness (is that a real word) and some of the OTT PC attitudes

Anyway I think this venture is an asset to the Broads and wish them every success it's the little man and woman striving to make a living that will save this country and not the bunch of muppets who we will have to choose from on Thursday

• Like 10

Anyway I think this venture is an asset to the Broads and wish them every success it's the little man and woman striving to make a living that will save this country

There are far too many busy bodies and far too many rules already, they come up with stuff just to stop you keeping your head down and getting on with it, or they make it so difficult that you think whats the point.

good post Gordon...

• Like 2

Completely agree, Brilliant asset to the broads! Good luck to them. I love using the one in salhouse and will certainly look out for this one!

As discussed on the earlier post I'm sure they have all the sanitation needed otherwise the local councils will soon be on top of them. 

cheers

• Like 2

OK this is funny - after reading Gordon and JohnBs posts I thought - what the heck are Cameron and Cleggy doing at Ludham Bridge!!

I then thought maybe they had bought the ice cream boat before they clamp down on the second jobbers! :bow  :bow  Or had no confidence in a win :party:

Now would you buy an ice cream form these 2? :angel:

Yes they probably wash there hands a lot after handling all that dirty money thats been fished out of the bilges and handed over with the same hands that untied the dog wee soaked ropes.... :party:

Money probably contains more germs than most things you handle on a daily basis.

Who remembers when they used to put sixpences into christmas puddings?

They were in your mouth before you found them.

Do you know that one of the dirtiest and germ infested item you ever come in contact with.

Possibly on a weekly basis.

Certainly a "hand contact" that is rarely cleaned, if ever.

I will tell you.

The handle of the supermarket trolley!

• Like 2