Farewell the paper driving licences

Paper driving licences will be invalid from the 8th June 2015, it may be prudent to go online and print off your details that are held on file.

Drivers who have both the photocard and paper counterpart are advised by the DVLA to destroy the paper licence after June 8, but to keep hold of the current photocard.

Drivers with paper-only licences issued before the introduction of the photocard are told they will remain valid and should not be destroyed.

My paper licence is in a sorry state, I guess now is the time to renew.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/home/motoring/farewell_to_paper_driving_licences_1_4093646

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing this I had no idea this was happening.

Could be a bit of a faff if hiring a car abroad on the spur of the moment as you would need online access to get the share code ..... but then I guess the hire company would give you access to a computer.

Hi Roy,

The important thing to remember from the BBC link (thank you Matt) is that you have to have your national insurance number handy as well as information off your driving licence.

All that is missing is the Banks old faithful security check of your Mothers maiden name.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

At the moment our company I work for and the last one we have to sign a form where they can get our driver info from the dvla using a external company, I wonder if now they will have to ask for the pin to check for points going forward.