Boat Rubbish Bins

LesleyA

Hi

New to the Forum and this is my first post.  Have been boating here for over ten years and always enjoy Potter Heigham.  Noticed in May this year that the boat rubbish bins have disappeared from the their usual place near the day boat workshop/bridge pilot.    Is there anywhere you can leave your waste now?

cheers

Lesley :wave

Hi Lesley.

Welcome aboard to the NBN friendly Forum :wave

If you are a hirer, you should be able to use the refuse bins at Herbert Woods when up at Potter Heigham. I know they do have them there, as we used them in May. Hope that helps.

cheers Iain.

Alan (Ranworth Breeze).

Sorry matey but your post reminded me of the William Hughes Mearns poem...

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today,
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

It was the idea of encountering bins that have been taken away that I liked :)

• Like 1

The reclassification of personal rubbish whilst on holiday to commercail rubbish made that rubbish suddenly cost more to dispose of. The councils didn't like it, said they couldn't afford it and the Magical Waterland became a wasteland, full of waste that nobody wanted.

There was no joined-up thinking, just the desire to save a few pounds by the councils that immediately faced a bigger bill for clearing up fly-tipped waste.

Now the powers that be want the yards to pay this bill. Still, they are very poor at communicating this message to some of us (as they are with tourist info, but never when they have bills they want paying).

This, let me remind people, is over 14 months since GYBC removed bins from many staithes. It is an utter joke. These people seem unable to predict the blindingly obvious.

• Like 6

The reclassification of personal rubbish whilst on holiday to commercail rubbish made that rubbish suddenly cost more to dispose of. The councils didn't like it, said they couldn't afford it and the Magical Waterland became a wasteland, full of waste that nobody wanted.

There was no joined-up thinking, just the desire to save a few pounds by the councils that immediately faced a bigger bill for clearing up fly-tipped waste.

Now the powers that be want the yards to pay this bill. Still, they are very poor at communicating this message to some of us (as they are with tourist info, but never when they have bills they want paying).

This, let me remind people, is over 14 months since GYBC removed bins from many staithes. It is an utter joke. These people seem unable to predict the blindingly obvious.

Hi Andy,

Having written to them all, It appears to me a case of not my problem guv. I agree with your remarks of " It is an utter joke. These people seem unable to predict the blindingly obvious." :clap 

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Last year I fished a bag of rubbish that was floating down the river thinking that it was disgusting that someone would just throw their rubbish in the water. I put it on the back of the boat as it was wet. when we got to somewhere to put it in the rubbish bins with our own rubbish it was not there. It must have dried out and blown overboard. At that point I thought that perhaps they had not thrown it into the river but that the same thing had happened to them. So sorry to whoever had to fish it out, it was accidental. I did make sure that our own rubbish bags were securely tied to the boat.