England Are for now Doing Pretty Good Huh? Oh Dear!

Hylander

103 all out, ye Gads!!

"Believe me I sit in front of a window in the bedroom / office and this laptop has been threatened more than once that it will be going through it before long."

I sympathise with your predicament, Monica, my laptop is getting near its launch date, or as you show lump hammer technology. :pcwhack:

I thought this was supposed to be a good batting track.

May be of interest but Warwickshire are currently 231 for 3 at home.

That is what you call a good kicking

As good as Cooks captaincy was in Cardiff he was clueless here. Lyth increasingly looks out of his depth. Bell needs a rest. Problem is there are no candidates in the wings. Bairstow maybe. I would even consider Eoin Morgan

• Like 1

Hi Paul,

Only problem with Bairstow, is, he is a bit shall we say not in the right position for short pitched bowling. I have looked at the First Class averages and the only name that came to mind IF he can play at Test level is Daryl Mitchell of Worcester to open. Agree about Bell. What about Brown at Lancashire?

cheers Iain

• Like 1

Speak up Brown, you're through!! :naughty: :naughty:

Talking about unfortunate headlines I've just seen this on the BBC cricket site - "Ashes 2015: Lord's Test there for the saving - Jonathan Agnew" and another ouch!! :)

Speak up Brown, you're through!! :naughty: :naughty:

Talking about unfortunate headlines I've just seen this on the BBC cricket site - "Ashes 2015: Lord's Test there for the saving - Jonathan Agnew" and another ouch!! :)

Aggers has always been a bit of a dreamer Keith, I bet Boycott's remarks were choice! I look forward to The Verdict tonight. Bob Willis should be good. :naughty:

cheers Iain.

I think John that Edgebaston should be a REAL haha batsmans paradise, but, with what Warne calls "Thunderbolts" being delivered by Johnson I have my doubts. The Aussies have their tails up, but would be delighted to see them brought back down to earth with a bump!

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

no point being good at 19 if you are English, they don't think anyone under 24 can play test cricket. If Sachin was English he wouldn't have made half the test runs he did, coz we'd have waited till the ECB thought he was "ready"

Hi Paul,

We had a pro named John Sheppard, ex Middlesex. in the early 60's. This lad was never given a chance at Lord's because he didn't go to the RIGHT School if you get my drift. Old school tie, what! 

There are a few good young lads, but WILL they ever be given a chance? Hmmm jury is out on that one i'm afraid.

cheers Iain

As much as I like talking about it John, I much preferred in years gone by, being at the Tests.The atmosphere is amazing. Its a crying shame one of the tests is not at Old Trafford. But the track there is a quick one, that would suit the Aussies better.. 

cheers Iain

Sport for many years I have supported Chelsea,not always the case.When I was at school we went to Yorkshire on a trip,around the time of the fa cup,Chelsea v Leeds,because of my voice, they took the Mick.That made me a Chelsea fan,much to the dismay of my uncle(big Charlton fan).Saddly my died when I was 18 months old.He was from County Durham.

All my life I have been a Tennis fan,my mum and me would watch tennis all day.

Cricket and rugby,My friend got me interested bybthe following,come to the pub,England are playing,me no don't like that.A few pints later,I got interested, and now are hooked.

Boating is often associated with the upper classes. None of which are cheap, but they are in range of most of us.Just go for it

Ian

Edited by BroadScot
Use to Us changed

• 3 weeks later...