England Are for now Doing Pretty Good Huh? Oh Dear!

Hylander

I'm not saying a word .....

I am! :naughty:  I will reserve judgement till England bat on what looks like a very slow, easy paced wicket. Two/three half chances, for all their endevours. That track is not a patch on the one used for the New Zealand test. 

When you see Lyth having a bowl, you know it is desperation time! I do feel for Stokes, he is deserving of a few wickets.

Oh well, back to the grind in the morning, what!

cheers Iain

only another 339 needed to avoid the follow on.

The pitch might have looked slow when Anderson and Broad were bowling, it looks lively enough now.

England to follow on 4/11, to lose by an innings 8/11, and the chances of play on day 4, very slim.

What`s cricket?.  Somebody told me we (England) invented it. I`ve heard it`s supposed to be a game, but i`ve never seen an England side play Cricket?. Apparently, the rest of the world play it, so is there any reason why England does`nt platy cricket?.

Hope the Aussies don't read these negative posts,   we need all the luck we can get from now on.      At least Cook was still there at close of play,   Stokes was looking touch and go with an injury.    Root was sitting in the pavilion looking shocked that he is still not out there batting.     Lythe may as well not have turned up at all.     What is the matter with us.      We have played right into their ' we are wonderful and you don't stand a chance' mentality     

Have you noticed that as with the NZ team there are lot of chaps called Mitchell.    Must have been a popular name for that year.    

COME ON ENGLAND for God's sake buck up and get a grip. :summertime:  :summertime:

• Like 1

Hope the Aussies don't read these negative posts,   we need all the luck we can get from now on.      At least Cook was still there at close of play,   Stokes was looking touch and go with an injury.    Root was sitting in the pavilion looking shocked that he is still not out there batting.     Lythe may as well not have turned up at all.     What is the matter with us.      We have played right into their ' we are wonderful and you don't stand a chance' mentality     

COME ON ENGLAND for God's sake buck up and get a grip. :summertime:  :summertime:

Well that sums it up pretty well!  :clap :clap :clap

A captains innings of record book proportions is called for I think. Facts are, the Aussies always play well at Lord's. A certain Bob Massie took 16 wickets there on debut in 1972 :clap . Thought that would cheer you up Monica :naughty:

IF they don't lose a wicket in the morning session, anything is possible. Well one can dream, can't one :roll:

cheers Iain

well, they have seen off the first hour, and now the ball is getting old it seems much easier to bat. The new ball in 32 overs will be the danger, unless England collapse before hand. We really do need to score some runs off this old ball, try and get within say, a hundred of the follow on target before the new ball is taken. Then we might have half a chance of a resplendent draw. Cook being there to face the second new ball is critical, one might think

We wish. A question, on sky go how do I get rid of the Blue sky information band showing, channel time date etc. I seem not to be able to get rid of it when I want to.

When it is there it takes up a fair chunk of the picture.

I can now answer my own question.     I found if you put the cursor on the corner of the Blue Sky Information at the bottom of the picture and press right click it disappears, now whether it will do it next time is anyone's guess.

Well, well, its not looking awfy guid as I look between the Davis Cup, The Open Golf, and a shambles of test batting from England what a difference a week makes!

Now I wonder what type of track Edgebaston will be, baring in mind its Ian Bell's home ground? Changes are required, but how many? I know the Test  is not over yet, but do miracles happen?

cheers Iain