Family Summer Holiday

Eric, that is sooo bad for you  :norty: lot's of after sun lotion and I mean LOTS....perhaps that'll teach you for laying there gongoozling people of the female variety lol, you have such a stunning wife, why go out for hamburger when you've got a nice fillet steak at home? (that's what I tell im in doors anyway)  :naughty:

Grace

Good morning all,

SWMBO said she would take us to a beach cafe last night and watch the sunset. I had visions of a small little place but WOW, as you can see from the pics, there were hundreds of people and hundreds of tables. Each small restaurant (maybe around 40) had their own tables and staff and they were all side by side on the beach.

The food was amazing and all very fresh. We had crab, giant prawns, clams, fish, squid and chicken for Skye. All washed down with a beer, some wine and fresh coconut juice for the girls.

A few pics of the beach and a local family pick-up truck.

post-30159-0-16170200-1437781725_thumb.jpost-30159-0-26765000-1437781758_thumb.jpost-30159-0-81824200-1437781806_thumb.jpost-30159-0-16751000-1437781850_thumb.j

• Like 3

Gosh I have just been reading all about your lovely holiday, blimey you do like roughing it dont you (also jealous , in fact a very deep green at the moment) .      Just love the photos, especially the last one.    Oh dear health and safety would be happy a (talking colours) a blue fit over those two on that bike.

• Like 2

Hi Eric,

I may be forced to delete this thread as the natives will reach boiling point in jealousy soon :naughty:  It looks like you are having a wonderful time, of which I am delighted for you all, honest! The pics look amazing. Just have a ball old son, its the only way! :dance

Have you found any shoe shops that would suit Grace, there? :naughty: Look forward to your next update. Awerabest.

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

Good morning peeps,

Well, that's the first 10 days gone and although the sun burn is better, I'm peeling al over the place and the girls are pulling the skin off in strips.

We've done most of the beaches in this part of Bali and today is check-out time from our little villa. We will now go to a little hotel in a place called Ubud, which is up in the mountains and is really beautifull.

A few more pics are attached and you can see where they cut a new road to a beach, which was previously not reachable by car. The statue in the cliff side is about 25ft high.

There was one beach where we had to climb down between the cliffs and it ws really steep. Had to stop twice on the way back up to catch my breath.

post-30159-0-87852800-1438217327_thumb.jpost-30159-0-01982100-1438217362_thumb.jpost-30159-0-14129700-1438217410_thumb.jpost-30159-0-00575800-1438217586_thumb.j

• Like 5

Eric,

Glad you will be over for the Autumn meet so we can quiz you about Bali and Ubud - have been thinking of going that way ourselves next year, but maybe not the full month.

When I go to my in-laws I have to put up with Brandon - life just isn't fair!!! cheers

ps. Apologies if anyone on the forum lives in Brandon. :bow

Good morning from sunny Bali,

I shouldn't have said the sun tan is better, because even if it is, I have now got Bali Belly - big time. Age must be catching up on me.

Anyway, Ubud is beautifull and totally different from the coastal resorts. Was stuck in the hotel yesterday (had to be within 3 yards of the loo), whilst the girls went to the local market for a few hours. Went up the main street for a walk last evening and the traffic was manic. I will try and post a picture of the motor bikes which was like Ludham Bridge on change-over day.

Going out in the car today to see what's close by and to visit family. Few pics attached of our hote's location.

post-30159-0-73323300-1438390666_thumb.jpost-30159-0-71790300-1438390684_thumb.jpost-30159-0-77111700-1438390708_thumb.jpost-30159-0-30469000-1438390731_thumb.jpost-30159-0-23310700-1438391673_thumb.j

• Like 2

Thanks Jean. I'm OK really. Just getting rid of what they say I'm full of. lol. We met family yesterday evening that had never seen the girls (Chloe is 16 and Skye is 13). The last time they saw us was at our wedding in 1998.

Well, they could not believe their eyes and started to chant them Hindu things.

They said they had never seen such a beautifull mix of breed between a Balinese woman and a westerner. Was I proud - or what!!!!!!

• Like 4

Hello Peeps,

We finished our time in the mountains and now we are back at the coast for the last couple of weeks.

Must start "beaching" it tomorrow with the girls, so they can go boogie boarding. I suppose that's as close as I'm going to get to being on something that's floating on water until September.

I must admit to missing the Broads, even out here and I wish I was cruising across Breydon instead of looking at sand all the time. Heh Hoh, not long now.

I attach a couple of pics of our new villa, which is actually as cheap as getting 2 hotel rooms and this has much more privacy. We will have a cook who will come every day and cook us breakfast and a maid who will come and clean up, together with bed making etc. Loads of restaurants are within walking distance (the driving here is atrocious and has to be experienced to be believed).

Please excuse the luggage on the floor, but we have only just arrived.

post-30159-0-81009600-1438852843_thumb.jpost-30159-0-07224800-1438852869_thumb.jpost-30159-0-34819200-1438852883_thumb.j

• Like 2

That looks terrible Eric, I don't know how you put up with it :naughty:  :naughty:

That mooring spot looks a little tight for Broadsman though - you may have to downgrade to a little dinghy. Oh sorry, just realised it's the pool!!!

Cant have long to go before you go back to.......even more heat. cheers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The final part.

The girls and I went to the beach almost every day, so they could do some boogie boarding, although 1 day, I had to call a halt as the waves were up to 2 metres high with a strong under tow. A young French kid was flipped onto the sea bed and broke his nose. A couple of guys were using surf boards with big kites (can't remember what they call it) and they must have passed by doing at least 20 knots.

Anyway, lots of restaurants to try out and a few were very good. Beer is cheap, a decent wine is 20+ quid a bottle and spirits are 4-5 quid for a single shot. We tried a Michelin starred place and had a 6 course Nouvelle Quisine meal. If they had put all 6 courses on 1 plate, it still wouldn't have been enough. lol. I reckon their Michelin star came from a car tyre and the cost was wow!!!

Well, it's all over now and only 5 weeks to go for our trip to the Broads GREAT.

A few pics below with one I found for MM.

IMG_20150812_1.png

Hard rock guitar.jpg

Tanalot Bali.jpg

Morris Minor.jpg

• Like 2