Family Summer Holiday

Good day to you fellow Forumites.

I thought I would let you all know that the pilgramage to visit my outlaws (some of whom I haven't seen for 10 years) starts next Sunday 19th July for a month.

We will fly from Riyadh to Doha in Qatar next Sunday evening to catch a direct flight from there (10 hours) to - wait for it - Bali - YIPPEEE.

For those of you who don't know, my wife is Balinese and I promised her that if we got 2 holidays a year on the Broads, I would go with her and the girls to Bali.

Hopefully, we can turbo charge the visits to the family and it should be over in a few days, leaving loads of time for lying by the pool, or a quiet beach and using the local beers to keep cool.

I don't know what the internet connection is going to be like, but I will do my best to keep in touch whilst away.

• Like 5

Hi Eric,

WOW....WOW....you lucky so in so lol Have a most wonderous holiday Eric, dinny get too broon or the forumites wulny recognise you at the September Meet! :naughty:

I am not jealous at all, I am not jealous at all  :cry  :cry  :cry  I am I am!  :lol:

Have a wonderful holiday, hopefully an internet connection will be available for you. :)

Awe ra best,

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Hopefully, we can turbo charge the visits to the family and it should be over in a few days, leaving loads of time for lying by the pool, or a quiet beach and using the local beers to keep cool.

Really? I went there and it did nothing but piddle down for two weeks. It was freezing cold, all the locals talked about you in a foreign language and when they did talk to you all they did was moan about the English buying holiday homes, the English Parliament and the state of Welsh rugby...oh hang on a minute...as you were... I was thinking of Bala  :hardhat:

• Like 2

Grace said....

unlike Iain I am very jealous lol

Grace dear lady gonae read my post again lol Eh gonnae! I am jealous and some !!! May I suggest specsavers tomorrow, until then here are my spare pair! for you O^O¬  :naughty: 

Eric, I found this, https://www.vilondo.com/bali-travel-guide/how-to-get-internet-247-in-bali/   you may have already read it. If not I hope its of help to you.

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Eric I think if my wife insisted on a holiday in Bali if she let me choose the other 2 holidays a year I would rip her arms off!! Even if it did mean doing the inlaw thing!!

I think dawn might be having a word with her at the autumn meet as she has always wanted to go.

Please no pictures though!!!

• Like 1

Eric it sounds like you should have a wonderful time. Safe travels and I look forward to hearing how it goes ... and then to hearing all about your next trip to the Broads as you're back up there before I am!

• Like 1

Eric should be in Bali now, let's hope he had a safe journey, more importantly let's hope he has internet access, as a normal type of female I have a very enquiring mind and a need to know everything type of personality (nosy lol) Seriously, hope you arrived safely Eric and once again have a smashing time  :wave

Grace  :kiss

• Like 1

post-30159-0-48595000-1437523457_thumb.jpost-30159-0-02180000-1437523497_thumb.jpost-30159-0-15694800-1437523525_thumb.jpost-30159-0-52296900-1437523548_thumb.jpost-30159-0-85918500-1437523580_thumb.jGood morning peeps,

It's 7.55am here, sky is blue and temp is a beautifull 28degC. Our little villa is very peacefull and all the girls are still asleep. There is a 'fountain wall' that runs into the swimming pool, but it doesn't come on until 9.00am, so very quiet until a motor bike goes past.

Girls went shopping and hair dressing yesterday and I was forced to sit at the bar in a nice pub on the beach, watching the tourists (female variety) and having a few Carlsbergs. It's a tough life. Had a lovely meal in a nice restaurant last night. 4 X 3 courses, a bottle of wine and some soft drinks for a 100 quid - not bad at all.

• Like 3

Good mornin peeps,

I'm not in good form at the mo. Coming from the high 40deg and now in the low 30 deg, I stayed in the sun far too long with no protection and now the suffering starts. It's all self inflicted and utter stupidity on my part, but He Ho, too late now. Can't even lie under the bed sheets "cause it's too painfull". Hope to get some nice pics today and will post later.

Good pain killer is Johnny Walker Black - still sore - but don't care.

• Like 2