Fishing deep south

Hey all.. 

Does anyone know of any good fishing spots down south?? We've always fished up north but now we are south based I have no idea where's good.. I guess the broads (Oulton and Bargate/surlingham). any more??

cheers

Not fished it much Alan but if you look out for areas that have the wooden swim platforms that will normally be a reasonable place to start. Clubs / BA / EA wouldn't spend money putting these things in if there was no call for it.

I would think local angling clubs would have been consulted over the location of the swims

cheers

• Like 1

There are a lot of fishing platforms around Buckenham and also between Surlingham & Bramerton. You often see some people fishing at the sewage outlet at Whitlingham - possibly not first choice but there are fish there! Lots of fishermen in Norwich and again on the Yare downstream of Brundall - in the quieter months they fish from the middle of the river. My father used to fish everywhere & line fished for eels at Oulton Broad. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This is a strange post so please try and keep up lol......I remember fishing a few years ago down south where we caught some really decent sized Perch, all I can tell you is it was on a nice bank, can't even remember if it was an official type of mooring but behind the bank after a walk of about five minutes is a fishing lake fenced off with electrified fencing although you could open the gate and walk round the lake, sorry it's a bit vague Jaws, hopefully someone will know where the hell I'm talking about lol, no I have not been on the wine, anyway, after all that rambling, where ever it is, there are some really nice Perch to be had.

Grace

• Like 1

Grace, could it have been Aldeby? I know there are fishing lakes a short walk from the BA 24hr moorings. It's the first moorings on your left as you come out of Beccles :)

Deb will teach you Alan, if your really lucky she will tell you about he 8lb Barbel she had out of the Thames. She will also point out I've never caught one ;)

cheers

I just can't remembr Steve, although I don't think it was near Beccles, is there some where South a big brick structure in the middle of the river, if so I think it was near there, if not, I must be imagining things and probably need a straight jacket lol

Grace

Lol, Charlie, where's the Wench when I need her two guns

Thanks for that Steve, that's definitely the place, there you go Jaws, like British Rail, got there in the end. We stayed there overnight if I remember and like I said had some lovely Perch

Grace

• Like 1

Caught no where near graces perch. Or doubt there would be many perch left!!!

My nephews where trolling (not on the net) while we were sailing the Grenadines last week. Had quite a few and at 4 knots they do seem to fight a lot harder. Fantastic fresh done as ceviche or in the evening marinaded on the bbq.

Only fish i have ever had fresher and better was good old British mackerel. Fresh off the hook and eaten raw or whack it on the bbq whole.

• Like 1

Lol, Charlie, where's the Wench when I need her two guns

Thanks for that Steve, that's definitely the place, there you go Jaws, like British Rail, got there in the end. We stayed there overnight if I remember and like I said had some lovely Perch

Grace

She's in bed early start in morning Grace, with 2 grandkids in  tow with their mum....... should be an interesting day afloat........

She does look on here from time to time , but as i have it on on in here (office) 24/7 it does distract the work head from time to time lol ..........

Charlie

• Like 1