Seems great to me

Wussername

Got to say that I have mixed feelings on this one. Personally I see it as something of a flash in the pan, said ropes will pretty soon be mislaid and forgotten until panic sets in and nobody can find it. A well intentioned 'do gooder' group promoting itself? In principle a good idea but unless everyone at the pub is trained and the equipment maintained and constantly ready for use then it will be pointless. No mention of lifejackets being supplied to potential rescuers.

Edited by JennyMorgan

I think you cynics are simply wrong.  Perhaps you haven't noticed that at least one, often two, throw lines of this type are located at each and every BA 24 hour mooring, and to the best of my knowledge they are not abused.  I know they are regularly checked by the BA Rangers when they do their moorings safety inspections.  This is a very low cost item in the grand scheme of things, and if just a single life were saved it would be worthwhile.  Well done to those behind the initiative!

• Like 6