Battle Has Begun

Timbo

It is officially winter! How do I know? Well battle has been joined in the annual winter warfare campaign conducted between Dylly my Beagle and I for possession of my duvet. This years competition will be fierce as Dylly has packed on a bit of weight and has employed a new tactic of folding one edge of the duvet under his bulk to prevent you from pulling enough of the material free to partially cover yourself. As the temperature is still quite balmy however we have until recently been conducting small skirmishes with small bouts of combat quickly over as excessive heat forces the duvet hogging beagle to beat a retreat under the bed.

I have to report however that at 3am yesterday morning Dylly forged an alliance with his littermate Toby where Dylly made a bid for the duvet while Toby tried suffocating me by sitting on my head. The two then took to snoring so loudly I was forced from the bedroom and onto the sofa to escape the cacophony. These new tactics are extremely worrying, especially so early in the duvet hogging season. I think I had better get a flu jab this year!

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

• Like 3