Quiet and Peaceful 5

NorfolkNog

58 minutes ago, Hylander said:

Now you have been around most of the Broads in December can you let us know what the availability of water and pumps outs were there for you.

Hi Monica

Pump outs at Brooms, Goodchilds (probably) Horning Marina Services, Boulters, Ludham Bridge, quite possibly Moonfleet but not Richardsons. Sutton Staithe quite likely. There may well be more. 

Water at Ranworth, Horning Marina Services, Brooms, Reedham (bring your own Hose), Faircraft Loynes, Bridgecraft would probably let you fill up. The water was on at Loddon but it's not always. Goodchilds. Pontoon at Oulton Broad.

I'll have a think about any more. I can say we've never had any issues with either. It helps to be a bit frugal, shower every other day if you can and use pub toilets etc.  

• Like 1

I popped into Lathams about a fortnight ago and got most of my Christmas Cards, wrapping papers, Ribbon for wrapping, labels, bows well you name I got it.   Their Christmas crackers are always good as with their candles.    Fortnum and Mason it isnt but who can afford that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hylander said:

I popped into Lathams about a fortnight ago and got most of my Christmas Cards, wrapping papers, Ribbon for wrapping, labels, bows well you name I got it.   Their Christmas crackers are always good as with their candles.    Fortnum and Mason it isnt but who can afford that.

Oh indeed, the Christmas Grotto was amazing. Meant to take a photo but forgot :dunce:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hylander said:

I was interested to see where the mooring is?    I have been sending the photos to my elderly sister and needed to put a place to the photo.

Sorry Monica, only joking. Upton Dyke it is. And very quiet and peaceful too. You can't beat it :D

• Like 1

It is tight but with care you can usually moor without any problem. Just take it slow and steady and turn with ropes if necessary. I've done it loads of times and touch wood, never had a problem. 

Monica, sorry about the Poppy's gaff bit, just my silly sense of humour. :oops:

• Like 1

Well this is the end :cry

Massive thank you to Stephanie and Mark for putting up with us. What a fantastic friendly, family run yard. Not used them before so very impressed :D

Oh, and despite the rumours you may read in other places Mark and Stephanie are most definitely here to stay :swordpir:  and the longer the better I say. Fantastic yard. 

The 2 ex Alpha boots will look stunning when refurbed too. 

Finally a massive thank you to everyone who has liked and commented on this thread. :bow

And many thanks to Monica and others who wished us a fair wind across Breydon. :kiss  

DSC_0765.JPG

DSC_0767.JPG

DSC_0766.JPG

• Like 8

Thank You Howard for sharing your holiday with us all. Do have a safe journey home. Oh BTW give the old liver a rest after all that Ale drinking in the past week!:naughty:

If you are still at the yard, could you ask them why they have never used Barnes Bridge as a boat name, since the early 70's? I only used that yard once, on Barnes Bridge.

xmas6Iain

• Like 4