The 2009 NBN's 2nd Birthday Bash - Sat. 19th September

Julz

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What we really need guys is a table similar size to a wallpaper pasteing table, only a bit stronger than the Basic flimsy ones, so we can use it rather like a counter :)

I can bring a big waterproof tablecloth if we can get one of these tables, although the more we can get the better really,

it will give us more space for putting things on in the cooking area thanks cheers

Julz :wave

Well the one on my boat is a double drop leaf which I guess measures about 5' by 2.5' when fully opened

Our game plan is to finish work about midday Friday, load up and drive up to Horning for around 3 ish. Probably try out one of the restaurants in Horning on Friday night then off to Womack on Saturday around mid morning :wave

Hi Roy

Saturday on the Staithe tends to be quiet until around 3:00 ish when Herbert Woods boats start arriving to make it their first night's stop. I'm not too sure how many boats are coming, but we also have a contingency plan that doesn't involve rafting :naughty:

There will be enough mooring spaces I am sure ;)

Thanks for that Mark,we shall be there before 3 ish so hopefully we will get on the Green.Col said he now has a hand held VHF so if any one else has one we could make contact .If so we can be contacted by calling "Serendipity " weather looks to be fair for the weekend . cheersbar:party2:

Lousy weather in London and Essex today, if it was raining like that in Norfolk the rivers will be high tomorrow,

especially with the wind coming onshore.

Hopefully it will be fair for the weekend, but as I am land-bound this weekend and coming up to the bash by car,

I will call down to the Staithe on my way to the Kings Arms in case anyone needs a lift (especially if it is chucking it down!)

Look out for a big Grey Citroen C5 estate, with an NBN flag in the window.

(I would bring the VHF handheld but there are licence issues about using it on land!)

Martin

Thanks for letting us know your plans guys cheers:dance

Likewise, it may just be me that pops into the Kings Arms on the Saturday night for an hour, as Bill has a bad cold right now, and doesnt wish to spread it around by being in a confined space with other peeps :cry:

The BBq will start at 12.30pm on Sunday, and dont forget to bring something to sit on, and your favourite tipple to wash it all down cheers:grin:

cya soon,

Julz :wave