New Year challenge - famous boatyards and their boats

LizG

On 11/07/2022 at 10:24, Davecc said:

Gray Malkin 1964. It's the only picture of the boat I have.

Scan_20220711 (2).png

Great picture, the boat name takes me back to 1974 my GCE English Lit exam. The set book to study was Shakespeare's 'Scottish Play'! 'When shall we three meet again in thunder lightning or in rain .................I come Graymalkin: Paddock calls: Anon:'. Those witches and their opening pages have stuck in my mind forever:40_rage:

• Like 3

On 12/07/2022 at 14:46, PaulN said:

Great picture, the boat name takes me back to 1974 my GCE English Lit exam. The set book to study was Shakespeare's 'Scottish Play'! 'When shall we three meet again in thunder lightning or in rain .................I come Graymalkin: Paddock calls: Anon:'. Those witches and their opening pages have stuck in my mind forever:40_rage:

Woops. Older than I thought, just realised, I did my GCE 'O' Levels in 1967, obviously I was 'In the fog and swirling mist'

• 1 year later...
On 18/01/2018 at 13:54, webntweb said:

Page from 1963 Hoseseasons showing some of the houseboats moored on Oulton Broad.

3 are listed as ex Torpedo boats and one as ex Gun boat but they are all different lengths and beams. Perhaps somebody (Vaughan?) could enlighten me as to if the descriptions are correct.

The houseboat at the top of the page looks like one of the flat-afloats but I didn't think they were called that until quite a few years later. There is one listed at Wayford Bridge and one at Brundall.

Roy

Hoseasons 63 318.jpg"

"Blue Lagoon" was a 63ft type 2 BPBCo "Whaleback" either an HSL (AirSeaRescueLaunch) of the RAF or an MASB (MotorAntiSubmarineBoat) of the Royal Navy: DOES ANYBODY WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO HER, PLEASE!! (and what ENGINES are fitted now)(originally 3x550hp Napier "Sea-Lions")

• Like 1