What now my love

Poppy

Supper Dooper new Tablet you may have Iain but I bet you went and bought a Sasanach one that has no idea of the lingo north of Hadrians wall.

Mind you i make some terrible mis spellings in emails as a result of the cursed predictable text on  my phone.

• Like 1

To  A Gaelic  speaking person, BroadScot Is a Sassanach as that is what they refer all native English speakers as. ( Unless BroadScot is a Gael of course)

Which is why when referring to the Highland clearances they say the English did it. But in fact it was mostly carried out by their own English speaking lairds,  often reinforced by Glasgow muscle...

Highland clan chiefs sons (later, and daughters) had to be lowland educated since 1609 under  the Scottish parliaments instructions.

55 minutes ago, TheQ said:

To  A Gaelic  speaking person, BroadScot Is a Sassanach as that is what they refer all native English speakers as. ( Unless BroadScot is a Gael of course)

Which is why when referring to the Highland clearances they say the English did it. But in fact it was mostly carried out by their own English speaking lairds,  often reinforced by Glasgow muscle...

Highland clan chiefs sons (later, and daughters) had to be lowland educated since 1609 under  the Scottish parliaments instructions.

Nah you be quantified as a Tuechter, myself am half Taff, and has been known to burst into a Welsh word or three, taught to say LlanfairPG at the age of 6. My gaelic sadly is very limited, but always think the Dingwall lilt is a delight to listen too! Have friends from Stornoway, or should that be just the MacKay clan?:naughty:

I really must get back up north, soon! Trouble is, my town is already being completely changed to accommodate the hoards who will descend on us in mid July!

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BroadScot said:

Nah you be quantified as a Tuechter, myself am half Taff, and has been known to burst into a Welsh word or three, taught to say LlanfairPG at the age of 6. My gaelic sadly is very limited, but always think the Dingwall lilt is a delight to listen too! Have friends from Stornoway, or should that be just the MacKay clan?:naughty:

I really must get back up north, soon! Trouble is, my town is already being completely changed to accommodate the hoards who will descend on us in mid July!

cheers Iain.

That explains everything :naughty:

beautiful-sheep-1-beautiful-sheep-976x976.jpg