German on the Broads

HakunaMatata

Sorry for the delay but a very warm welcome aboard the Forum from me :wave That is a cracking Boat you've got there, have hired one very similar, good luck and I really hope you enjoy your Broads adventure. I have been trying to learn the Scottish way of talking since joining the Forum, now I am going to have to try German lol :kiss

Grace

• Like 2

I have to drink some more scoth to think about it and hope to get better when I am over there on your fancy Island cheers

Honestly my Wife and me are really looking forward to join and hopefully be a part of this community.. thank you folks for this really nice experience right now here later on IRL

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HakunaMatata said:

I 100 % agree... but a race that invented and gave it it to world ( the it is uisge beatha ) deserves my respect

Joking aside, Iain, our resident 'pesky' Scot, has earned himself a large shed full of respect on this forum. He's an ace bloke!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

The drink is Scotch, the man is Scottish, or Scots. Even us English folk get it wrong sometimes. Strange race, the Scots!

My ears are ringing! :naughty: A whisky is not a scotch, its a Dram! Right, that's  it sorted.:).

cheersIain

1 hour ago, BroadScot said:

My ears are ringing! :naughty: A whisky is not a scotch, its a Dram! Right, that's  it sorted.:).

cheersIain

My ears are ringing,.....for me and my Bells.

The birds are singing.....for me and my Bells

Ev'rybody's been thinkin....About how much I've been drinkin

And for weeks they're been talkin,....about some Teachers or Haig

They're congregating...... for me and my Bells

The Parson's waiting...... for me and my Bells

And sometime, I'm goin' to build,.... A little still for two...

Then they will chatter.........'bout we and our Bells

and now HakunaMatata, We are going to have to teach you the difference between Whisky and Whiskey, the latter it seems is "uisge beatha"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

My ears are ringing,.....for me and my Bells.

The birds are singing.....for me and my Bells

Ev'rybody's been thinkin....About how much I've been drinkin

And for weeks they're been talkin,....about some Teachers or Haig

They're congregating...... for me and my Bells

The Parson's waiting...... for me and my Bells

And sometime, I'm goin' to build,.... A little still for two...

Then they will chatter.........'bout we and our Bells

and now HakunaMatata, We are going to have to teach you the difference between Whisky and Whiskey, the latter it seems is "uisge beatha"

You may or may not know MM, but the reason Bell's whisky was named so, was, for those shall we say slightly over enebriated could always remember the name! As in geeza a Bell's pal. 

cheersIain

3 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

Oh! that corrects a bit of a misconception I had.

I thought it was a distillery created by Alexander G. Bell to take his mind off the inordinate amount of time his wife spent on the telephone.

Correct MM, but it has been said for many decades up here, that the short name made it a best seller. It is not these days so. Whyte & MacKay and the Famous Grouse, are top of the whisky selling blended charts. Not to be confused with our Single Malts.

I had to inform the owner/manager of the Wig & Pen in Norwich, that The Famous Grouse was NOT a malt whisky, but a blended variety off!

cheersIain