Weather Predictions For The Bank Holiday

ranworthbreeze

Left Sutton at 6.40 this morning and arrived safely with no real wind or tide problems at Ferry House Surlingham this afternoon. Passed B A at How Hill but no sign of life. Big gusts apparently set for tonight between between 1 & 2 AM. Not sure who was helming but one of the time share boats  was coming out of Gt. Yarmouth with its nav lights on at around 11 am so I hope he heard my shout

Boycee

:oops:

Best not mention it was 23c here today:naughty:, wall to wall sunshine, and from what I have read, its more of the same for the rest of the week. Makes a change from wind n rain ! It also has assisted the workforce in erecting the stands for The Open Golf. 

cheersIain

• Like 1

Hi

We are now moored at Cantley, with a very strong wind blowing everyone away from the bank mooring has been a real challenge especially for those also trying to moor with the tide :norty: !

Too balance things up I made a pigs ear of it to, but thanks to help from a hirer already moored we made it in, thank you for your assistance.

I've been out most of the afternoon helping other in, I'm now kn**kerrd and in the Reedcutter having a pint or three, bu**ger the weather.

Back home tomorrow :facepalm:but we will be out again soon.

John.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, CaptainJoshie said:

Hi

We are now moored at Cantley, with a very strong wind blowing everyone away from the bank mooring has been a real challenge especially for those also trying to moor with the tide :norty: !

Too balance things up I made a pigs ear of it to, but thanks to help from a hirer already moored we made it in, thank you for your assistance.

I've been out most of the afternoon helping other in, I'm now kn**kerrd and in the Reedcutter having a pint or three, bu**ger the weather.

Back home tomorrow :facepalm:but we will be out again soon.

John.

Well done John, when its rough it certainly is at Cantley, we came back the other year past Cantley and the finger moorings to the side of the pub were being blown all over the place and the moored boats must have surly suffered damage.

I hope you do not have to spend most of the night checking the ropes or listening to fender/rope creaking.

Regards

Alan

23c again today, not a cloud in the sky, with pilots learning to fly around Prestwick Airport. Easy Jet, Ryanair and a dull grey painted that I could see no markings on? Assume military.

Time to get the factor 30 looked out !:party:

cheersIain