Yet More Norfolk Squit!

JennyMorgan

44 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Peter,

Why do you put yourself through so much anguish? Please, do as I did a number of years ago:

Don't buy their poorly researched, inaccurate, badly written rag, keep off their web site and you will be a happier fellow. Furthermore if more did so their demise might be quickened and the whole of East Anglia would be a richer place without Archant.

• Like 2

ChrisB I don't want to "like" your post as sadly, there are those like me who watch their website, from afar, to keep in touch.

But now, of course,  I have this excellent forum!

I am reading an autobiograpy by James Forsyth, who "cut his teeth" as a young journalist with the EDP in Kings Lynn in 1958.

What he says about their standards and professionalism in those days is very different from what we see now. I also well remember Arthur Mann, who was almost a founder member of the Frostbites and told wonderful stories of the EDP in the old days. It used to be known (by the profession) as the finest provincial daily newspaper in the British Isles.

The tattered remnants that we have to suffer now, would be known by the French as "Quelle honte!".

As to their demise, well we can't have that as they are the official mouthpiece of the Broads Authority. Criticise at your peril!

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

The tattered remnants that we have to suffer now, would be known by the French as "Quelle honte!".

"What a shame" Vaughan? ............   I'd rather "Quelle Horreur"!

And ChrisB, I fully agree with you. We stopped buying/reading the parochial rag years ago.....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Warp said:

I think the only thing that actually causes me to do a mental rewind is the use of "do you" where meant as an instruction or direction not a question.

Well now yar torkin Naarfolk agin, int yer?

Well you see, thass loik this hair......

Dew yew wanta dew what oi'm a tellin on yer ter dew, dew else, oi'l dew for yer!

• Like 1

Yes, hard to believe that the EDP, year after year, mopped up all the awards for a regional newspaper. But then the standards of many of the nationals can leave alot to be desired these days.

8 hours ago, Hockham Admiral said:

And ChrisB, I fully agree with you. We stopped buying/reading the parochial rag years ago.....

We too gave it up after their last cover price increase . 17Shillings for syndicated stories was finally too much!!