The Corsican Great Job Moonfleet

CheshireCat

Hi I meant to post this a few months ago , we had two toilets in The Corsican one we never used so we thought it would be nice to have a nice shower room .

One problem we had was the lack of head room you could not stand up to have a real nice shower , so I thought why not have a sit down shower so that is what we had done by Phil and the boys at Moonfleet and what a great jab they have done , here are some before and after pictures big thanks to Moonfleet ...

SAM_0737.JPG

SAM_0738.JPG

SAM_0739.JPG

SAM_0740.JPG

SAM_0741.JPG

SAM_0748.JPG

SAM_0757.JPG

SAM_0759.JPG

SAM_0760.JPG

SAM_0761.JPG

SAM_0763.JPG

SAM_0766.JPG

SAM_0767.JPG

SAM_0769.JPG

SAM_0770.JPG

SAM_0771.JPG

SAM_0772.JPG

SAM_0773.JPG

• Like 12

When pump outs were first introduced to the Broads we had to install new, box like affairs into the small spaces previously occupied by much smaller 'Baby Blake' toilets. Public demand was also calling for showers. Compromise was called for, toilet cum shower cubicles, the customer could, and reportedly did, enjoy a good shower whilst also enjoying a good pull through thus making best use of their time on the Broads. The shower and sit cubicle had arrived in Broadland!

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 9:27 PM, DaylightGate said:

Hi we met when you picked your boat up up at Moonfleet. Yes Phil and his crew do a great job. At the end of last season they did a 6 month refit to DG and it is fantastic. A big well done. I wouldn't,  go anywhere else.

Just wondered if you have some pictures of your refit it would be good to see them ...

Hi Jonzo and Cheshire.

Sorry for the delay but I have litteraly just come back from DG after a fabulous week on her.

Thanks for your interest. If I have done it right attached are a few pics. on launch day and during fit out. I will take some proper finished photos when I go back to DG in a couple of weeks.

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0124.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0123.JPG

20160325_112820.jpg

DSC_0122.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

• Like 5

Yes she is definitely M501. I have had the saloon rewired, LED lighting, 240v ringmain using an inverter, and all of the windows refurbished. 

The front cabins are to be done at the end of the season.

I think Moonfleet are the best. They take their time but it is worth it. 

Oh by the way the showroom was done as well.

I will try and bring her to the spring meet if it is on the north.

42 minutes ago, Jonzo said:

She looks amazing! She was a good old ship as I knew her but definitely needed a refurb as she'd never really been updated when on hire.

The spring meet is on 20th/21st May at Salhouse Broad.

Jimbo who used to own her has seen this thread and I can't reproduce on here the words of surprise he used :naughty::naughty:

I knew that she was the boat that I wanted as soon as I saw her. I realised that she was sound and just needed some tlc. I tried to restore her but soon found out that I was doing more rest than Restoration! 

I also realised that my skills were not enough to get the job done as I wanted. So off to Stalham presented a concept and Phil and his team has put it into practise.

The work that has been done is all worth it and hopefully will put many years of pleasure on it.

I am really glad that you and Jimbo like what I am trying to achieve. 

• Like 2

Yes the name Daylight Gate is connected to the Pendle Witches but not to the boat of that name. It is a Lancashire term I believe, supposedly it is the moment when when day turns to night and the witches come out to play.

The reason that we settled on the name is my better half originates from the Red Rose county and had recently read the book of that name which has the subject of the witch trials of Pendleton. 

Edited by DaylightGate
Spelling

4 hours ago, Jim said:

I have some pics of M501 taken when we hired her in 1988 as Ferry Privateer 3 then from Ferry Boatyard if you are interested,  What a fab makeover she has had, you must be really pleased with the outcome!

Stumpy , Jim

Yes I am really pleased with the outcome come, she is a real pleasure to take out and show off.

I would be interested to see the photos when she was Ferry Privateer if it is possible.