Salty Bottoms Easter

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But Perry that is why Adam gets paid mega bucks for his work.

have seen his handy work while perched at the helm of an S28 at 45 degrees with one and a half props.

I take my hat off if that beast can be used at cruising speed in an East Coast chop :bow

Its something I can't manage and shoot anything half decent

Guest chriscraft

Well,

i ve been following this for a while ,and havn,t said we are coming because as soon as i do ,something or somebody says we can,t.But we are re-commissioning the boat this weekend ,and apart from two trim guages on back order from the usa ,we are ready!!,bieng the baby of the fleet we may have to defere from a blast at sea jf it,s blowing east or n, east but will endever to turn up at Outon to meet you all,Sue the crew may need a hand though the lock,and mooring , as she only has short legs and can,t step up far so has trouble with mooring (she really tries hard),but i think we will manage,so would like to be put down as deffo for oulton ,and we may aswell lock through to the yatch club.We may bring some non-formulite boats up with us aswell but this is not deffinate at the momment,we seem to be amassing quiet a few boats ,will we all be ok for the bridges at lowestoft all at the same time??,the guide says they open at certain times ,but for how long?

Guest chriscraft
Looks like you guys will need to be pre booking all the visitor space a OYS at this rate, first bank holiday of the season and all. :cool:

This was my thought aswell ,so the question is who,s going to book the moorings?,or are we going to do them individually ?/

Exactly the reason for trying to find out how many boats are likely to be coming along David, RNSYC may be a bit of a squeeze as well so maybe the overspill in Havens Satellite site at Hamilton Dock Marina for a pontoon party. cheers

I will give Oulton and RNSYC a ring tomorrow, if that is ok with everyone?

ChrisCraft, will look forward to meeting you, don't think that anyone will be venturing out in anything approaching a rough sea so I wouldn't worry about being the baby of the fleet. cheersbar

Ian

I have spoken to Oulton Broad Yacht Station and they have very kindly booked us in for Friday 2nd April, on the visitors pontoons with power.

I know most of the boats but Chris I have no idea how big Prunella is, if you could let me know along with how you need to get on and off her, I will include her on the confirmation email I need to send them.

Anyone else who is thinking of coming along it would be helpful to know as soon as possible so that I can update the details with OBYS.

Have also spoken to RNSYC and although they wont reserve moorings they do not foresee any problems with getting us in. They are also forwarding a menu for the Restaurant on Saturday night and ask that we let them know in advance if a lot of us would like to eat there so they can warn the chef. I will post it up when I get it.

Ian

hi Ian,

all sounds cool though remember that our stupid davits make it impossible to moor stern on anymore as they will overhang the pontoon. We are more than happy to go sardines side on with another vessel if required as we did with mariotech last year.

if you want me to talk to pete at the yatch station...i can organise...

adam... :pirate :pirate :pirate

hi Adam,

Pete is going to try and moore all the salty bottoms together so is probably easier if he gets one list to work to.

If anyone would prefer to sort out their own arangments that is no problem but could they let me know so that I can leave them off the list.

I know Jonathan needs to go side on so if they can put him in the corner Adam could go side on to him to keep the davits off the pontoon. Does anyone else need to be side on?

Ian

ok guys, no comments about this post please :lol:

But I dreamt about this trip last night :o

Like all dreams, I don't remenber much but this I do remember.

Adam and Suzanne's boat was HUGE. It had a cabin where the fly bridge is, a monster front cabin and side cabin and an even HUGER cellar type cabin underneath??, I kept waking round it saying "the one we looked at wasn't as big as this, must've have been because it was an older model?" over and over again. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Mark (mbird) showed me all the food he had brooght along to cook for us all, and he had a massive box, about 2 ft by 3 foot and about a ft deep filled with jumbo prawns, lobsters and different joints of meat like lamb and beef. He was going to cook it all up for us at Oulton Broard YS.

And all the salty bottom boats kept going out on to the broad and racing each other, even Crackerjack. and the funniest sight of all was Trev (Criscraft) going along with his front pointy bit plowing into the water so he looked sort of like a submarine :bow

Now, do you think I'm looking forward to this trip or what :lol::lol:

Lou xx

ok guys, no comments about this post please :lol:

Lou xx

You expected no comments :lol::lol::lol: I love it :party:

Adam and Suzanne's boat was HUGE. It had a cabin where the fly bridge is, a monster front cabin and side cabin and an even HUGER cellar type cabin underneath??, I kept waking round it saying "the one we looked at wasn't as big as this, must've have been because it was an older model?" over and over again. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lou xx

HUGE :lol::lol::lol: ; just a fraction bigger...... OK enough to have cellar, patio and sun deck :lol::dance:dance

I'd better place the lobster order then :liar , Leroy Bling, looks like the drinks are on you though :lol:

cheerscheerscheers:liar:liar:liar

We are really looking forward to it too, mostly for the spending the weekend with people we enjoy spending time with.

If the weather is decent, maybe those men who received Cobbs for Christmas could test them out on Mark's Lobster??? :naughty::naughty: