Salty Bottoms Easter

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont have chart plotter or gps on board so unless I can pick one up Sea Jem might have to stay in the marina. :(

I did my day skipper theory recently so it is reasonably fresh in my mind, but the whole going to sea bit might be best after I have followed up with the 4 day practical anyway.

Wayne

Wayne, do you have paper charts of the area?

I have a couple of hand-held Garmin GPS's with chart display that I can bring up with me,

but as my memory serves me the Garmin charts of the area are at quite a small scale.

Unfortunately my own collection of paper charts ends at the Suffolk coast!

Martin

Hi Martin

I will have charts one way or another by then.

Generally Sea Jem (wayneakp + SWMBO + 1 teenager) confirmed for Friday and Saturday. Be gentle with us we are a bit shy.

We have never slept on board before - I think we are having a dry run next weekend at WRC.

rgds

Wayne

Are we all going to agree on a VHF channel to use ship to ship for the Easter Break. Of course not for general chit chat. :norty::naughty:

cheersbar

We normally use 6 Colin and Monitor 16.

Jonathan

So confirmed we have

Jupes and Jupiter's mist on Sea Hunter (said in a macho echoy voice

Mariotech on CrackerJack

MBird on Serenity

WayneAKP on Sea Gem

Senator on Clandestine

Lucky on Wendy Woo

PJCJ on Binky

Plesbit minus Boat (name unknown at present)

diesel falcon on Grand Cru

HappyJax11 on HappyJax11

Any More?

Hi all...

being of blonde heritage...not quite sure how the group MMSI thingy works.... :shocked and what I would recommend is that we enhance this list (as lucky has on a previous post) to include mobile phone nrs and MMSI numbers of those going out on the day so that when we go out, regardless of whether your boat has these facilities, there is still a way of contacting in the event of a problem.

Think I may have also mentioned this before, but I think it would be a good idea to advise the Coastguard as a matter of courtesy of our sea passage intentions.

Not least they will be on Red Alert when they know that I am coming along!!! two guns

adam... :pirate :pirate :pirate

Think I may have also mentioned this before, but I think it would be a good idea to advise the Coastguard as a matter of courtesy of our sea passage intentions.

Not least they will be on Red Alert when they know that I am coming along!!!

Think that is one for the day Adam but you can do it, after all you are the one that knows them :naughty::naughty::grin::grin:

I have just bought 5 more boats from Leboat, one of which is at Sommerleyton, I might have to bring it home next weekend and make a weekend of it :dance but will have to see how things pan out as I have no details of crew members or dog sitters as yet.so I may not make the salty trip but may be available with extras for beers at some point. :)