Salty Bottoms Easter

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been watching the RNSYC camra on and off for the past couple of days, but cannot spot anyone we know yet lol, maybe because the lense is either very dirty, or its view is distorted by the rain spots on it at present :naughty::lol:

Which side of the Harbour are you on looking from the camras perspective? :)

Julz :wave

Hi Julz

if you look to the bottom left you will see Col & Lou's boat HJ2 & to there left of there bow is a nice sealine which maybe Jupes & Adham as that wasn't there yesterday can't see anybody else.

the rest must be all to the left out of view of the webcam

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Thanks Jonny cheersbar

I did wonder if that was Happyjax, but was rather unsure being has she is not a true saltly bottom type, i was not sure if she was allowed to stray that far into the briney stuff lol or if she was staying on the Broadside :naughty::lol:

Screen grab from the web cam - some of the salties are just about visible. Happy Jax, a yacht, then Crackerjack with Grand Cru rafted and Clandestine.

The sea was a little lumpy ...

Phil and Carron

post-97-136713676432_thumb.png

Just a quick taster of some of the photo's to come:-

post-699-136713676439_thumb.jpgpost-699-136713676439_thumb.jpgpost-699-13671367673_thumb.jpgpost-699-136713676748_thumb.jpg

No more till I get back, gotta go now, they have just put out the Easter Eggs for the hunt and I've been watching were they have hid them !! lol !!!

All having a great time...

post-699-136713676711_thumb.jpg

I watched them all departing at around 1.30pm today on the webcam, spotted someone in a red jacket who looked to be one of HJ's crew out on the walkway, followed by a few others, before ropes were finally cast off and away they went :)

hi guys we had a run fora few miles down the coast. The wind backed easterly as we left and gave us a 2 ft wave hight. Crackerjack was out in front for a couple of miles before Ian lead the charge of the Sealines. All boats returned safely to Lowestoft. The following day saw three Salines out on flat calm. I will let others fill you in on that.

Jonathan

Currently moored at the WRC where the Wet Wipes beat the Salty bottoms in the quiz.

I watched them all departing at around 1.30pm today on the webcam, spotted someone in a red jacket who looked to be one of HJ's crew out on the walkway, followed by a few others, before ropes were finally cast off and away they went :)

Red jacket was probably me Julz, as I can't afford multi-coloured Musto's :lol:

Red jacket was probably me Julz, as I can't afford multi-coloured Musto's :lol:

Same here Mark :naughty: , That is why I ended up with a Banana yellow one, now you don't think I brought that do you. :lol:

Just got back home after a seven hour run back to Wayford from the WRC, followed by a two hour drive. Absolutely cream crackered, so I will post up some more pictures tomorrow on what proved to be a very successful meet.

cheersbar

What a great weekend,

Sure their will be plenty of story's to unfold and I am really looking forward to all the pictures, I know Colin from Happy Jax has some great ones and Luke has already posted some really nice shots.

The Salty Bottoms held up the NBN's quiz reputation by splitting into 2 teams Salty Bottoms and Wet Wipes to take first and second in the WRC quiz from what must have been a good dozen entrants.

Thank's to Tracy and Nigel for the hospitality and for providing lovely food on both the Sunday Night and Monday morning for a "special" breakfast.

The RNSYC did us absolutely proud with their hospitality and a lovely meal on Saturday and the Commodore made time for a chat with all in the bar despite some rather noisy antics meaning his meal was not quite as civilized as it normally is.

Mutford Lock did a sterling job of getting us both through and back, even if there were a few delays along the way and even those that felt it would be quicker to squeeze a few more in than they really wanted.

Oulton Broad Yacht Station got us all in just about although some were left without power against the wall and Binky's crew were left marooned on the boat all night once the tide dropped, their bathing platform kept them to far from the wall for Karen to get off. It was a shame as this was about the only thing that didn't go to plan all weekend and did split the boats up all over the place. The Staff there do normally do such a good job of accommodating everyone but the un-apologetic nature of one of the staff was not appreciated, especially when after being told that a boat had celebrated a Birthday marooned on board replied with if they don't like it get a caravan. It seems that booking with exact mooring requirements 3 months in advance and plenty of confirmations by email and phone throughout is not enough.

Only one boat did not make it out over concerns for the Sea Readiness of her, having spent a good few years on the rivers and having no spare filters aboard. The crew did get out though courtesy of Jonathan and I think that proved to be very good experience for them.

Some others learned a lot about trimming a planing hull to the conditions and I am sure some of the pictures will display spectacular shots of skyward launches into head seas and may even show someone doing an impression of a submarine on a following sea.

Conditions were kind with a normal North Sea sea, about half a meter of swell with a good chop on top, giving good experience to new Salty's and even to those that previously resided in the protection of the soft south. Sunday even showed just how calm the sea can be with water that looked more like it belonged on the Ant than the North Sea.

All In All a great weekend in fantastic Company.

Hi everyone,

Met up with the salty bottoms at WRC on Sunday. Had a great time - pontoon party, pub quiz, etc. Shame we were on the losing side.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and met some "special" people - thanks Luke. :)

Hope to meet up again soon.

Robert, Rebecca & Mason

and met some "special" people - thanks Luke. :)

This isn't going to go away anytime soon is it !!!

Anyway, great to meet you guys Robert and to be honest, we wern't on the losing team, I just suggested to "Julie" that we let the other team win otherwise there might have been tears !! lol !!! PLUS there is a rumor we had a mole in our team, Wayne has already noted that a member of 'our' team gave them an answer that they wouldn't of got !! lolololol !!!!! (it was probably me and the vodka !!)

Glad to see you made it properly on the site, take a couple of minutes to do an intro so everyone else will know who you are when passing !

See you again soon !

Luke & Claire xx

This isn't going to go away anytime soon is it !!!

Anyway, great to meet you guys Robert and to be honest, we wern't on the losing team, I just suggested to "Julie" that we let the other team win otherwise there might have been tears !! lol !!! PLUS there is a rumor we had a mole in our team, Wayne has already noted that a member of 'our' team gave them an answer that they wouldn't of got !! lolololol !!!!! (it was probably me and the vodka !!)

Glad to see you made it properly on the site, take a couple of minutes to do an intro so everyone else will know who you are when passing !

See you again soon !

Luke & Claire xx

I hear it was a lady who was a bit chattery :lol:

Going salt side again tomorrow helpfully a run to Yarmouth.