Salty Bottoms Easter

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My plan is to get you rather drunk on Friday or Saturday night then politely ask you to fit heating on mine (and get you to sign a contract while in your drunken state !! lol !!)

Gin, scotch or brandy Mark ?

My plan is to get you rather drunk on Friday or Saturday night then politely ask you to fit heating on mine (and get you to sign a contract while in your drunken state !! lol !!)

Gin, scotch or brandy Mark ?

In my experience Luke, be prepared for a very long night to get Mark into a state of signing such contracts. :lol:

cheersbar

Ok, I'll give up on that idea and bunk in your spare bunk !! lol !!

Really looking forward to this now - just hope the sea is relatively calm for our 'race-off' *

If it gets too cold I'm walking home !! lol !! (all 500 yards of it !)

* Couldn't put this on any other forum - I'd be shot to pieces with the safety brigade !! lol !!

OK Guys...I too thought that the Red Herring would be booked so I have just given them a call....

For those who know the restaurant, it is divided into three parts...bar, mid restaurant and main restaurant.

The main restaurant at the rear is booked out to a party of 29, but after discussion, they could potentially accommodate a salty bottoms group at 8.30pm in the mid section, subject to overall numbers.

What they will not be able to do is have one table for all who would like to go, so tables would be mix and match (I dont think this would be much of an issue as its very cosy in there), and also, as their kitchen is so tiny, they have recommended that we preorder from their menu.

They have also just called me back and explained that they have a new menu not up on their website yet (which they are about to mail me).

I have provisionally booked, BUT I must give some indication as to those who definately would like to go by tomorrow morning, as they will undoubtedly be turning people away as a result of my vague reservation. I am sure we can add to the numbers before friday if necessary.

The menus have just arrived by PDF, and if we do proceed, they will want our pre-order by thursday pm.

So...in order for me to secure you a table, can you please pm me with the number of people you would like to book for and include your personal mail addy so that I can mail you the new menu.

Once you have made your choices, just mail me and I will collate and send to them.

For anyone not sure...we can advise that the food is extremely scrummy indeed, and not ridiculously priced either. :clap

Leroy :pirate :pirate :pirate

We would be happy with the Red Herring but not the Indian if it is the one upstairs by the yacht station. Can I vote Jupes entertainment coordinator.

Jonathan :Stinky

Proposed by Mariotech and seconded by Lucky without a say in it :lol::lol: What a democratic non-club we are ;)

UPDATE!!!!

We have 16 places confirmed by you all at the red Herring so far (not including Diesel falcon who we know has expressed an interest). cheers

I have just called the Red herring to confirm this and also ask how many they can accomodate, given the other 29 in the main restaurant.

They said that it is 20 at a push, so assuming that trevor is coming, there is limited space left (probaly only two).

If anyone else is interested please let me know asap, and I know that the RH will do all they can to try and accomodate us.

Menus will be mailed to those who have pm'd within an hour and your orders will need to be back with me by Thurs am for me to get to the RH by Thurs pm.

golly...I am getting excited too now!!! :naughty::naughty::naughty:

lb :pirate

looks like Saturday may be a no go for Sea time if the latest forecasts are to be believed, plenty of time to sleep off the excesses of the Red Herring

20mph NNW which by the time we get to RNSYC would be wind against tide, Sunday is the same but at least that should be wind over tide in the morning so hopefully some playtime.

Well,

that,s us all packed up,ironing done.....well done sue,boat provisions done(except for bacon stop off in morning),taking laptop so should be online ,but lappy charger naff so need shore power,just a fill up to do before friday so riding out the storm inland!!

why hay boating here we come!!! it,s going to be wet out there!

see you all friday at oulton ys,if your about when we arrive ....catch us wer,e very light and get blown about!! :party2::dance

Well,

that,s us all packed up,ironing done.....well done sue,boat provisions done(except for bacon stop off in morning),taking laptop so should be online ,but lappy charger naff so need shore power,just a fill up to do before friday so riding out the storm inland!!

why hay boating here we come!!! it,s going to be wet out there!

see you all friday at oulton ys,if your about when we arrive ....catch us wer,e very light and get blown about!! :party2::dance

Adam is just sending you the menus Trev now.

Hi Ian

What time is the sea safety checks on the Friday evening please?

Still waiting for confirmation but need to do the talk 6 - 6.30 if we are allowed in the Boulevard entertainment centre, guess from about 5 but will post up when I know.

As you know they are being a bit non committal about availability of the room.

Adam/Suzanne

I'm just waiting for my Aunt to get back to me as we were supposed to be meeting them on Friday, but have suggested the afternoon would be better to leave us the evening free. Would there be room for us 4 at RH, or has that opportunity passed?

Mark hi,

Let me have a word with the RH. In theory this puts us over with 22 guests, but I think as we are quite flexible on seating etc, I am hoping they will be able to do something.

We now have 18 confirmed and they have suggested 20 max...but I am sure that we can work out a way to squeeze an extra two in.

I will talk to them in a couple of hours when they have woken up (and me, as its stupid o clock right now two guns )

Drop me a pm with your email addy and I will get a new menu off to you.

leroy :pirate:naughty: :pirate

I've just had another thought !!! sorry !!!!

As there is so many of us, do you think we could get a little tour of the RNLI while at RNSYC ? Would be interesting to see what goes on there (I presume) and as there's over 20 of us I reckon they would appreciate us taking an interest if you know what I mean - they might even like to give us a talk ?

What do you think ? If we all chip in a couple of quid I would of thought they would be up for it ?

Well,

that,s us all packed up,ironing done.....

if your about when we arrive ....catch us wer,e very light and get blown about!! :party2::dance

Done nothing yet, her indoors has had the lurgy, loads to sort out - now panic is setting in.

Only been out in sea Jem 3 times so mooring could be...interesting...watch out!

Looking forward to it all though :party:

Only been out in sea Jem 3 times so mooring could be...interesting...watch out!

I know the feeling Wayne. And with all those other forumites to take the p**s, er I mean, lend a hand, you can be sure it will either be a perfect landing or an embarassing hash. I put my first scratch on Serentity on sunday, so my confidence is now somewhat lower than it was (and it was pretty low to start with) :roll: