Salty Bottoms Easter

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now have information for Sea Safety checks and Lockouts for Saturday

Friday from 3pm to 5.30pm Sea Safety Checks, 7pm Life Jacket Demo checks and talk in the Back room of the Oulton Boulevard entertainment Centre.

Saturday, Lockouts are all being done together at 10 am ready for the 10.45 bridge lift at Lowestoft. may have to put the low airdraft boats through before 10 to get all the boats through and down in time.

What are peoples thoughts on 7pm for the Talk, could ask if he can do it half hour earlier if it clashes with those going to the Red Herring.

Just a thought on the RNLI lifeboat visit.

Great idea and sure it will be very interesting for all but as the Weather is looking shall we say interesting, if any sea time is to be had it looks like it will be a case of going when the conditions allow which will probably be when wind and tide are going in the same direction. As non of the weather sites agree on which direction or strength this is likely to be it may be morning or afternoon on either Saturday or Sunday.

Now have information for Sea Safety checks and Lockouts for Saturday

Friday from 3pm to 5.30pm Sea Safety Checks, 7pm Life Jacket Demo checks and talk in the Back room of the Oulton Boulevard entertainment Centre.

Saturday, Lockouts are all being done together at 10 am ready for the 10.45 bridge lift at Lowestoft. may have to put the low airdraft boats through before 10 to get all the boats through and down in time.

What are peoples thoughts on 7pm for the Talk, could ask if he can do it half hour earlier if it clashes with those going to the Red Herring.

Hi Ian

I think 7pm should be fine, Red Herring is booked for 8.30pm. A nice hour or so to lubricate the larynx prior to dinner, usually goes down rather well ice slice:grin:

To add another one.

Is anyone eating at RNSYC on Saturday night?

They did promise to send a menu but forgot, have spoken to them just and hopefully they are sending me a menu in a few minutes so I will post it up as soon as I get it.

If there are a lot of us eating it would be helpful if they have an idea of numbers.

We missed the RH too Mark,

The idea originally was to eat at RNSYC on the Saturday but that was back on about page 6, with most now at the Red Herring on Friday night the numbers will probably be reduced on Saturday so probably not the same need to let them know, would still be good to get an idea how many though

If anyone locally is interested, we picked up some fab Musto salopettes today, waterproofed and fleece lined on sale for £30 a pair reduced from £99.99 from Kirkland in Great Yarmouth. They are not part of their sailing range, they are gymstar plus, however, for occasional sea use will do the job :grin: The label says Gymstar Plus is a microfibre material of high density, which combines long-water repellency with excellent moisture permeability.

We missed the RH too Mark,

The idea originally was to eat at RNSYC on the Saturday but that was back on about page 6, with most now at the Red Herring on Friday night the numbers will probably be reduced on Saturday so probably not the same need to let them know, would still be good to get an idea how many though

Apologies Ian :oops: This happened rather quickly yesterday evening and developed even quicker... Would be good to see the menu for the RNSYC asap.

cheers

oopsy...thanks col ...just got it :naughty:

hmm and you too jupes...now at least I know what I am eating!!!

all done now and will order tomorrow morning first thing.

If this goes according to plan....I wil be amazed!!! :o

lb :pirate

Hi ,just back from a week away and would have like to have took up the offer to join one of you for a trip out maybe if you do it again ?. Hope you guys have a good time and look forward to reading your tales next week.Will be around on the Northern Broads sometime over the next week,so if any other Forum members are out give us a wave when you see the forum flag cheersbar .

Well, as the weekend weather 4cast is pretty dire, we have postponed our trip down to Wrabness, dosnt look too bad for Monday so we may have a jolly out then.

The boat is back in the water again,but still have one or two things to do, I have fitted a new rudder stock but I still need t connect the rudder angle indicator,put another couple of turns of packing and tidy up the engine room.

So we will keep an eye out for you all coing through on Saturday. Have you all a good,above all, safe weekend.

If anyone is interested I am running a dayskipper Shore based course towards the end of the month and have 4 places, let me know if any one is interested.

Paul