No Moto Gp

Hi all,       

as many of you will have worked out, i`ve been into bikes since i was a young teenager (now 58), and have over recent years enjoyed watching things like Moto GP, World Superbikes, and British Superbikes. In fact, i`ve even been successful in swapping our summer week on Lightning to coincide with the British Superbike round at Snetterton, as it`s only half an hour from Lightnings mooring. The sad thing though is that this year for the first time in a long time, there`s going to be no Moto GP on mainstream tv. For the last 2  years, there`s been highlights on ITV4 on Monday nights, but this year, not even that. I don`t want to go down the route of getting a tv package purely for Moto GP.  There is light at the end of the tunnel though, i believe you can buy a "video pass" which enables you to watch ALL Moto GP coverage for around £150 direct from MotoGP .com being the sports official website.  

Any other forumites watch bike racing?.

I'm with you both on this. I WILL NOT pay any more than I do

now just to watch MotorGP on BT Sport! Not being on ITV4 is

a backward step IMHO but maybe forced on them by BT who

want exclusive coverage to try and force you to pay them.

It aint gonna work! I'm into the Superbikes more than GP but

do like to keep up anyway.

On another tack...where's Jack Burnicle this year? I miss his

and James banter and their combined knowledge of all things bike.

• Like 1

Thanks for that Ian, i think i`l give it a miss.  I`m also concerned about safety in use, as it`s often the case, you download an app, and there`s something dodgy clinging on to it, so if i want to watch Moto GP, i`l have to buy the official on line video pass. It bugs  me to have to do it, but i refuse to have Virgin tv on a principal.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched it on 5, but very much miss the fantastic coverage by the BBC. A lot of people ridiculed the BBC coverage, but it was excellent. I used to watch both the Moto 3 and Moto 2 races on BBC red button, then watched the Moto GP race live on either BBC2, or occaisionally BBC1. It was ALL live, and uninterrupted, and i was gutted when the BBC lost the contract to broadcast it. You never know, one day, it may come back, as the audience on BT Sport is tiny compared to free BBC. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...