of time cruising the Broads.

I can't remember his name or the name of the boat. Anyone

know what happened to him as I haven't seen a post from

him in a long time.

• Like 1

Here's his last post:

countess.JPG.d96bc774c251a0894c735e22f62

HakunaMatata replied to Hockham Admiral's topic in Norfolk Broads Events

Hi Boaters, We made it safe to Stacey Arms. All of the Hakuna Matata crew enjoyed it very much. You made us feel to be very welcome and we found some new friends. Special thanks to John, it was perfectly organised good mooring, good foot and some really nice conversations. I hope we can be a part of it the next time. Thank you all Frank + Crew

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Boaters,

just seen this topic.

I had a hard time in some Hospitals. Just getting old i think - that's the reason we were absent for that long time.

But now  I am able to walk and ready to enjoy the boat and good company at the Broads again.

We will be back on the Broads at the 07. of April.

We need to clean the Boat and want to start with removing one cabin to get a more roomy cooking/eating area.

Sadly we can not be with you at the Salhouse meet but hopefully the Summer meet if i got to know the date early in advance.

I will look out for it:wave.

We really had a nice time at the last meet and looking forward to see you again.:Stinkycheersbar

• Like 9

Hi Hak, welcome back. I note that you intend to remove a cabin. Be careful, I have seen boats structurally ruined by people taking a wall out thus destroying the integrity of the structure. For example, in one case when the boat was hauled out the propellor shaft went out of alignment by several inches. Sensible advice time, have a chat with the people who built your boat.

• Like 6

Thanks for that wise :RiverPolice

I do know something about Aircrafts, not much about boats, that makes me asking a lot.

If you would like to see Tanja and me on a research removing a cabin you are very welcome.

we are at HW harbour and ready for a chat and a cup or a dram, depends on the sun position.

• Like 7

Looks like your top slides back and windscreen folds so your air draft is probably around 7ft with everything down?  You should be able to pass under Beccles bridge unless it's close to high tide where it drops to 6ft 6". 

It's worth measuring you actual air draft with the top up and down, most yards add a margin of error into their figures stated in the manual and on plaques at the helm of hire boats.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HakunaMatata said:

Thank you John, could be difficult ... Hakuna will not pass under the Beccles old Bridge.

But anyhow i mark that date.

BTW.. today is youre day, your premier is declaring the Brexit.

We feel, Tanja and me, we are right to move to Britain

Hello Frank, 

The meet is at the Yacht Station moorings so you only have to pass under the higher bridge to get into the Yacht Station.

Regards

Alan

• Like 2