Inevitable?

JennyMorgan

Reading that it sounds like it's the typical few that ruin it for the others. 

Thats life I'm afraid which is sad for the decent owners.   

I dont have a dog and see it as a good thing to be honest. Too many people with dogs assume everyone else loves to be slobered over or have muddy paws put on them. 

• Like 1

I decided that I would go out today for a walk and eat a sandwich somewhere else. I usually head off up the coast but thought today I will go the other way. 

I ended up at Winterton, slung a quid in the bucket for coastwatch who collect at the car park before it officially opens for the season and had a coffee at the cafe before setting off across the dunes. The dunes are a special area and quite vast but are an absolute disgrace within a radius of 400 metres of the car park. They are covered and I mean covered in dog fouling. 

On my way home I stopped at Horsey Staithe to use the toilets. In the car park I got into conversation with a member of the NT staff and mentioned how bad it was at Winterton. He said they had a similar problem along with abandoned poo bags which one could argue are a worse senario. Apparently they had a clean up af abandoned poo bags some time ago on both the sea side and land side of the marrams and collected over 100 bags.

Who are these sub-life who do this to beautiful areas? 

Anyway I had my picnic such as it was at Martham Staithe and watched a Barn Owl hunting the marsh grazing which made up for my anger at the state of Winterton Dunes.

• Like 4

You

2 hours ago, Baitrunner said:

Reading that it sounds like it's the typical few that ruin it for the others. 

Thats life I'm afraid which is sad for the decent owners.   

I dont have a dog and see it as a good thing to be honest. Too many people with dogs assume everyone else loves to be slobered over or have muddy paws put on them. 

You're right the "love me love my dog" people are  a  pain, but not as bad I think as the parents who because they are on holiday think they are entitled to let their out of control kids run riot driving everyone loopy. Nine times out of ten this situation ends in tears when one of the little darlings comes to grief due to lack of supervision.

Carole

• Like 4