Whats Missing

dnks34

I cant find a picture of the boat that was there but Im fairly sure there was one posted at some stage.

Ive just read the parish council minutes from March 2017 and item 275 gives some information about the boats towards the end of the paragraph, atleast one might have been taken away by the BA

http://www.loddonpc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Draft-Minutes-March-2017.docx

• Like 1

Just now, marshman said:

So so pleased this mooring is now what it was.

Well done to ALL involved!

Exactly Marshman and hopefully all those that complained bitterly about it will now use it ! 

Fortunately the Broads do not suffer as much as the Thames and the Canals, especially in the London areas from this problem.

Because of the over stayer problem on the Thames, if you want to moor for 24 hours on the EA moorings you have to inform EA by phone or computer of your time of arrival. After 24 hours you are charged increasingly higher mooring charges. The genuine leisure boaters are thus penalised.  

Just now, dnks34 said:

I was referring to the reports of intimidation and threatening behaviour toward visitors!   

I also wonder what the criminal investigation is, but I think I know where some of this is stemming from. 

That could not be evident in a picture could it? Please enlighten us as to what is happening. We are all in suspenders (well some of us may be :) )

• Like 1

dnks34, Thanks for the link, I was not aware of the situation or recognise the mooring from the picture.

The PC have got 5 months to organise them selves, let's hope they don't follow thorps proposal of no return in 48hrs and car park like contract law.

Colincheers

• Like 1

Thingamybob its from whats written in the parish council minutes in the link I posted Ive not actually heard anything about any intimidation myself as I tend to keep my head down but its not suprising when you see the sort of people there are about in one of the boatyards up there, (staithe side).

Pye`s mill is a lovely spot, and ruined by those eyesores. When we past in Lightning 2 weeks back, there was only one boat right at the far end. When we went back on the wednesday, it had also gone. However, halfway along the moorings, the quay heading is severely scorched, and i did wonder whether somebody set light to one of the wrecks. Maybe that may have a baring on the point about the investigation mentioned above?.

There was a boat fire there recently speedtriple, your right that could be what the criminal investigation is about but it made me question as it says in the minutes that a boat cant be moved because of a criminal investigation and as far as i know the boat that sank due to the fire was raised and is gone so I do wonder if its about something else but who knows!! 

• Like 1