4,7, Or 10

Bob48

Right then a question has arisen in our home , it won't be long  ( this time next week ) that we shall be on our way to Stalham to start our holiday , the good lady and i were sat talking last night over a very nice glass of Apple mead  about next May , and should we have another week or  should we have ten days instead , seemed a bit silly to ask me as i was doing ten days long before she had finished asking the question. You see the first time we  hired a boat we did a four day trip , and it was fantastic , then we took my Mum away for  a four day trip , , last year in may we had a week , followed in October with another four day trip , i felt like i had been pumped out , just got started and had to go back , so we have two week this year  May and September , and next year , the first of the ten day trips . it really astounds me how quickly  we went from four days  to ten .  stay safe , see some of you next week cheers

• Like 7

As long as possible I would say. When we used to hire, I was continually looking for ways to extend a week into 10 days. When we finally managed a two week holiday I thought it would 'kill or cure'. It did neither, just made me want more! Now we are retired, have our own boat and spend weeks at a time doing just what we love. As you seem similarly addicted, watch out, the bug has bitten and it won't let go! Enjoy your forthcoming trip.:Stinky

• Like 2

You may be annoyed with me, but you do know you could have had 11 days for the price of 10?

This is because 11 day holidays  begin on a weekday but 10 nights begin on a weekend. An 11 night holiday is made up of  a full 7 nights plus a 4 night short break tagged on, and since a 3 night weekend or 4 night midweek short break is the same cost, the 11 night holiday remains the same cost as a 10 night.

• Like 4

No amount of time is long enough, We spend more than 3 weeks out of every 4 on the boat between and including the months of March and November. I still get cheesed off when the time comes to come home again, even though I know I'll be back on board again within 3-4days. It's not for nothing that my forum name is addicted!

Carole

• Like 4

6 hours ago, kfurbank said:

Off course pro rata a 3 or 4 day break is more expensive per day than a week long break. Therefore logic would suggest booking two full weeks as it works out cheaper. cheersbar

You're correct Keith but only when the 3/4 days is the full length of the hire. For 10/11 day hires, the cost is usually week + 50%, so an 11 night break is good value. 

I'd love to be able to do 11 days but alas Mrs Broads01 wouldn't be too keen. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LondonRascal said:

You may be annoyed with me, but you do know you could have had 11 days for the price of 10?

This is because 11 day holidays  begin on a weekday but 10 nights begin on a weekend. An 11 night holiday is made up of  a full 7 nights plus a 4 night short break tagged on, and since a 3 night weekend or 4 night midweek short break is the same cost, the 11 night holiday remains the same cost as a 10 night.

not annoyed at all old bean , we haven't booked it yet ,thanks for the heads upcheers