1st Night

Martino

Slack on Sunday is predicted to be 10:16 (to be exact!) so al good from that point of view.

St Olaves is certainly doable from Brundall if you get away at normal time. Plenty of other choices around if your plans change and you don't fancy St Olaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt it.

You will probably not leave the yard until about 1600 and will be against the rising tide (coming on to springs) all the way to Reedham.

Slack water in GYYS on Sunday is at 10.16 so you would be much better to stay at Reedham or Cantleyin my opinion.

• Like 2

I wouldn't head for Reedham - if there's no room to moor, there are few alternatives.  If you don't want to moor at a pub and want a peaceful first night, my vote would be for Langley Dyke.  There are BA moorings at the far end and being off the main river, it will be easier to moor with no effect from the tide.imageproxy.php?img=&key=58c9797d2ed25bd5

IMG_6891.JPG

• Like 1

We headed for Langley Dyke on our first night last time we hired on the southern Broads. It's a good distance for getting the hang of the boat and settling in. How long are you out for? Is there a particular reason to head north? Have to say that I would stay south myself. So many lovely places to visit.

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

We headed for Langley Dyke on our first night last time we hired on the southern Broads. It's a good distance for getting the hang of the boat and settling in. How long are you out for? Is there a particular reason to head north? Have to say that I would stay south myself. So many lovely places to visit.

Noo! If you fancy going North, go for it then spend some time back south and enjoy the contrasts. I love Langley Dyke too. It's a good idea to stay flexible according to what time you get away, what you feel like and where's available. 

• Like 3