Radio Norfolk And Broads Speeding

Poppy

I much prefer the installation of cattle prod in Helm seat. Over the limit by 1mph short shock, 2 mph sharper shock with added vibration to warn of impending doom, 3mph full deployment, severe shock and insertion. Vibration should be optional.

OR

Nice navigation lady asking you to slow down, you know the one that says ("please do a u turn at the earliest opportunity") when you fluff it up on the M25".

OR

The mad indian ring tone telling you to slow down. If you have never heard it, google it. Its earthy but hilarious. Warning  NSFW.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Malanka said:

I much prefer the installation of cattle prod in Helm seat. Over the limit by 1mph short shock, 2 mph sharper shock with added vibration to warn of impending doom, 3mph full deployment, severe shock and insertion. Vibration should be optional...

I must admit, when I first read this post I thought I had ventured onto another type of website, then I realised it was NBN after all. 

A spark ignitor from a gas cooker might have a similar desirable effect though. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Now I've read about this on Facebook on another broads site that a certain person is videotaping so called speeders and shouting out at boaters who are not speeding..... i suggest we give a friendly one or two finger salute as we go by at the correct speed... Also if this certain person doesn't like it I suggest they get a proper mooring in a boat yard or marina...

absolute joke.. they need to get a life....

maybe you should always pass at 2mph and indicate your speed in a suitable manner. (now where is that tongue in cheek smiley)

• Like 1

On 19/07/2017 at 7:32 AM, ZimbiIV said:

We came past the Beauchamp yesterday and there was a sign next to the speed board saying. Speeding will be filmed and reported.

This was on both up and down river signs, I didn't notice them on Monday.

paul

I noticed these signs to, I could also name the boat we were filmed from, maybe he is a member here who knows.

I know there are some with little regard for others as far as wash goes but I cant see how you can be on a main river mooring like the Beachamp Arms without being disturbed by atleast "some" wash.

Whoever it is doing the filming, they most definitely need to get a life, if all they can think of to do while on a boat in one of the  country's most beautiful areas is to film other folk going about their business they are pathetic!

Carole

• Like 4