Things I Should Be Doing Vs Things I Am Doing

grendel

this morning I should be loading up the car to head up to Norwich, prior to attending the theatre tonight, then down to Beccles.

So instead, what am I doing? - yes thats right I am struggling with a laptop, trying to download a new linux operating system to a 10" netbook, my normal navigation laptop has decided to get a screen flicker - probably a bad connection, but I have tried that, so the need to put a linux distro onto my netbook - as I use foxtrot gps - it just works. I will then have to download a set of maps to use with it. a few hours  work there I fear.

• Sad 3

I have the map in my head, the gps I use is really only a map that shows where I am now, and moves as I do - saves turning pages.

lubuntu installed, foxtrot gps installed, maps downloaded - just waiting for updates to finish. still have an hour before I leave.

Guest ExMemberKingFisher

I was on the train from Lowestoft to Norwich recently and at the table next to me were a group of people all busy studying Google maps on the phone, whilst all the landmarks and bridges were being pointed out etc,. :default_biggrin: All they had to do was look out the big windows.

In the end I ditched the gps and maps and everything, the gps antenna would not connect, the lighter socket charger wouldnt work, so I winged it - got lost in Norwich (even with a town centre map)- but came to the right place from the wrong road

• Like 1

Glad you enjoyed it. I spent much of today trying to get my plays off old media and into my Mac or current Windows machines. Nightmare! Any suggestions about taking .wks files from floppy discs(remember them?) would be gratefully received. I have a usb floppy drive but the Mac doesn't see it at all, while Windows 10 just sees the odd bit. 

I got two plays off an old hard drive into Notepad, but the one I really want to rework is stubbornly refusing to budge.

i had insurance copies on cd rom, they won't read either btw. 

Meanwhile I should have been helping Phill clear the garden shed.