End Of An Era Brucie Rip

ChrisB

Couldn't stand him myself, but a great entertainer if he was your cup of tea. You have to admire anyone who can stay in the public eye constantly for as long as he did. And without griping about the "pressure of fame" like so many of the younger so-called stars. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just seen  the BBC programme  looking back on his life.A great entertainer,dancer and comic.Many out standing moments .One was when he was with Norman Wisdom,Wall pampering.So funny.My favourites were the Gen game and strictly.Sadly missed RIP Sir Brucies.I am sure he now showing the Angels how to dance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, deebee29 said:

We watched the tribute as well.

Very well put together I thought, 

Our thoughts on the tribute were that a lot of it had been filmed earlier, maybe as a 90th birthday program. it was a good production.

His timing was spot on and his way with dealing with people making them feel at ease was exemplary. Sadly his era of entertainers is now coming to an end, how many of the so called stars of today will still be around in 75 years.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Our thoughts on the tribute were that a lot of it had been filmed earlier, maybe as a 90th birthday program. it was a good production.

His timing was spot on and his way with dealing with people making them feel at ease was exemplary. Sadly his era of entertainers is now coming to an end, how many of the so called stars of today will still be around in 75 years.

Regards

Alan

How many of them would you want to be still around? Precious few I think!

Carole

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Regards

Alan

It was definitely produced in advance possibly as yo say for his 90th or given his recent health status in preparation for this sad time.

Talking of legendary entertainers I have just found out that Ken Dodd is playing 2 shows (today and tomorrow) near us at Whitley Bay Playhouse. Sold out of course.

I saw him years ago at Blackpool and laughed so much it was painful

I can't think of many of today's entertainers who will be rembered the way they are

• Like 1