Only When Boating

Lulu

Something strange is happening being a new boat owner. ..... I never drink tea at home yet absolutely relish a mug of tea first thing when I wake up on the boat. The other thing is, I'm listening  to classical music which I dont often do at home. My only explanation is our boat is a sanctuary away from our normal stressful lives so subconsciously we live differently on the water. 

I'm curious, does anyone else have totally different habits only when boating? 

• Like 12

I think you're right about the reason being it's a sanctuary away from everyday life. Although we don't own a boat (yet) when we are on the Broads on holiday any worries or problems just seem to fade away. I remember once being mud weighted on Barton Broad on a hot August night, sitting outside the boat and just listening to the wildlife and the fish jumping, I have never felt so at peace in all my life. We've also been known to sit up until two in the morning drinking wine and just chatting, having a laugh about anything and everything.........oops, no, I do that most weekends lol :facepalm:

It would seem from your post you are enjoying your new boat, all the very best of luck with her and happy cruising

Grace

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Although we don't own a boat (yet)

We said that for years darlin, go for it, you will never regret it (but your pocket might at times lol) Best decision we ever made, should have done it years ago.

8 minutes ago, Gracie said:

when we are on the Broads on holiday any worries or problems just seem to fade away

The wench recons I'm a different geezer when were on board even if only for a day. I do really relax on board even on a winters days.

Charlie

• Like 1

I'm not sure about having different habits on the boat but it certainly is a much more relaxed and leisurely time.

Generally everyone is much more friendly and sociable than in the normal way of life.

Having said that, I'm on-board on my own in a couple of weeks so I may develop some very strange habits indeed :default_norty:

Don' think my taste in music changes,but yes we tend to drink more tea. Often having a cooked breakfast. Since owning a boat it' great apart from the pocket. As already  said.Often Marina will go up Friday  mornings,I will go from work at Liverpool street. Once on the train,into broads mood .As for owning a boatm,go for it Grace. 

Ian:default_smiley-char054::default_stinky:

• Like 1

My children and I have a tradition since they were young of having chocolate with coffee whilst cruising in the morning. When we do the food shopping just before we board it's always a case of "better get some chocolate". At home I try and survive without chocolate most days and never eat it in the morning. 

• Like 1

We are very much similar when afloat.  Rarely a proper b'fast at home, but afloat? - Most mornings.  Mugs of whisky with a splash of tea afloat - Never at home.  Mug of Rum with a splash of coffee? - Compulsory when afloat, never at home.  Sleeping far toooooo long in the morning afloat - Never at home.

Note to self - Must get afloat more often!

Griff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We woke up this morning at 8.00am.  It was so peaceful. We never usually sleep past 6.00. The boat was cosy and I had my now usual mug of tea and a cinnamon roll. Utter bliss, shame we had to come back :(  Roll on next season when we can stay longer!

• Like 2