New Year Resolutions ?

Wonderwall

10 hours ago, grendel said:

my nephew wears size 16 they had a great deal of trouble getting him boots when he was in the army, so much so he had special dispensation to wear trainers on parade until the boots were made.

Surely the Army could have nicked some 16's from Plod?

• 3 weeks later...

Well done mate. Great work. Good luck with the sailing.

Started week 5 of training having gone right back to basics and entered 2 marathons for in May, although a sub 3:30 will have to wait till later in the year I think as they aren't fast courses, hills galore, and my pace isn't there yet either.

A long way to go yet, but I promised myself I'd get back there so get there I will.

Hope everyone else is on track...

My month report could say " good effort, room for improvement!)

ive had a beer or whisky on an odd school night, but not much at all.

Peanuts are my downfall, and I like a biscuit, but again , I have reduced both by around 70% there a bouts. 

Step count is over 10000 everyday almost, but have only managed 15000 about 5 times.  Best result is my swimming which I have managed100 lengths + every week. Got 26 in tonight.

So, not bad, have probably lost a couple of pounds and slight shrinkage on the mid rift :default_blush:, Onwards and upwards, must keep it up next month.

interested to hear others gains and fails, it ain't easy getting on !!!

• Like 2

Well done boys, not easy to stick to is it?

I have managed to buy just two pairs of shoes in the January sales (which don't count because it's the sales) The wine I've managed to curb a little, I had one glass less last weekend :default_norty: And 'dry January'.....Could someone explain please?? :default_norty:

Grace

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Gracie said:

And 'dry January'.....Could someone explain please?? :default_norty:

A month of boredom and misery for one tiny moment of smug satisfaction at the end before you realise all the other people that have been drinking are no poorer, no fatter, and more jovial. I'v booked a table at a hot gin bar in soho tonight. And I won't be home untill tomorrow. :default_biggrin:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gracie said:

Well done boys, not easy to stick to is it?

I have managed to buy just two pairs of shoes in the January sales (which don't count because it's the sales) The wine I've managed to curb a little, I had one glass less last weekend :default_norty: And 'dry January'.....Could someone explain please?? :default_norty:

Grace

Hello Grace,

Are you feeling OK? please take your temperature and get back to us, you are clearly not well, only two pairs of shoes and hardly a drink in sight.

Forget this New Years resolutions nonsense and get back to being yourself:default_norty:

Regards

Alan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gracie said:

....And 'dry January'.....Could someone explain please?? :default_norty:

I wasn't sure if it meant go the whole January without alcohol or don't shower/wash

I did both to be sure I had it covered.

Looking forward to a nice beer and nice shower tonight...beer first tho'.

• Haha 2