New Year Resolutions ?

Wonderwall

Okay, I comprised :default_blink:

Had my retained fire brigade training tonight.  Came home and went down pub about 2 hours after everyone else . Still managed to sink 3 foaming ales , but it's nice to be nice . Is it not!!!!

Done 30 lengths earlier today , so I feel I've already paid my penance !!!!!!:default_blush:

So , the 3rd day and I've regressed already , no surprise I suppose :default_dunce:.  It's hard be a sociable type!:default_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Paul said:

I made a New Years Resolution in millennium year. I am pleased to be able to say 18 years later that I have kept rigidly to it. It was never to make any more New Years resolutions.

Completely agree with you Paul. I don't think I have ever made any in my life.

:default_biggrin:

I would be here forever making reply to so many of the posts above. Let's just say that chocolate and eating too many sweet things is something that I am always struggling with ... the subsidised vending machine in the staff room at work doesn't help. I have to walk past it to get to the coffee!!

I gave up the gym a couple of years ago after having been regularly for about 15 years so perhaps it's time I went back ... except that after a long day at work I really don't have the energy or inclination. I thought that maybe I would substitute proper walking instead ... but it didn't really happen last year. The problem is that unless one is going to walk the streets (!!) you have to drive somewhere first and then walk in a circle back to the car!

Maybe I should just resolve to buy more shoes and handbags ... I think Grace would approve of that one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SwanR said:

I would be here forever making reply to so many of the posts above. Let's just say that chocolate and eating too many sweet things is something that I am always struggling with ... the subsidised vending machine in the staff room at work doesn't help. I have to walk past it to get to the coffee!!

So what your saying is, give up coffee and you'd be killing 2 birds with one stone.... :default_biggrin:

2 hours ago, SwanR said:

Maybe I should just resolve to buy more shoes and handbags ... I think Grace would approve of that one.

Wholeheartedly I would imagine :default_biggrin:

Same with Mrs N 

Still hasn't bought any more shoes 

But the weekend is to come..................:default_ohmy:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm hitting the sales this weekend, have seen a gorgeous pair of shoes for half price in Next, im indoors thinks it great that I'll be saving money, what he doesn't know is that I'm buying two pairs in different colours, well they are half price :default_norty:

I go to an all female Gym regularly, this is a true event, I kid you not...............My friend and me were working out with an Instructor and another rather large lady, when we finished, she went over to her bag and pulled out one of those huge Galaxy bar of chocolate, unwrapped and started eating. She must have seen us gawping and said "If you can't have the odd treat after working out when can you?" Our Instructor walked away in disbelief, head in hands :facepalm:Lol

Sorry Neil for going slightly off topic

Grace

• Haha 4

I try to Keep  New Year resolutions but it does not work for me why I keep on attending Hospital Appointment's as well going in this year for this Left Knee replacement at long last plus having a Cochlear Implant to be done for my hearing to be improve some time this year as then No one won't have to shout at me any more I hope?

Yours Andrew Cook 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Londonlad1985 said:

7 days into the new year, and 7th day without a bevvy and not one baked confection has passed my lips. I'm patting myself on the back. "Pride comes before a fall" shouts someone!!:default_coat:

I have got to admit, I'm not a good influence on people.

Get yourself a beer and a nice tart and enjoy :default_winko:

17 minutes ago, chameleon said:

def a recipe for a divorce

See it's all good :default_biggrin:

1 minute ago, Londonlad1985 said:

I can't resist a tart. Probs why I'm sigle and overweight.. :default_beerchug:

Sounds a great life mate :default_beerchug:

On 07/01/2018 at 10:11, NorfolkNog said:

.........the shoe famine didnt last long..........:default_norty:

DSC_1323.JPG

On 07/01/2018 at 10:33, Gracie said:

Tell Mrs Nog it didn't last long for me either, got the most gorgeous pair yesterday

Your lady has class Mr Nog, I love them, I think I need therapy :facepalm:Lol

Grace

It is with great regret I am now down to 2 pairs of running shoes, now you would think this would not be a problem, go and get some new ones, stick em on and head out the door.

However I have had the same type of shoes for years (not I said type not the same pair) and here is the latest update 

brooks-110271-673-adrenaline-gts-18-mens-aa.thumb.jpg.c5b5a3b924fb97af37fa0dd1ce61ea98.jpg

I am setting up a fund raising site shortly and seeing as you love buying shoes if you would like to contribute I would appreciate it, but I will also post the link incase you fancy buying them for me.

Size 13

Thanks in advance

A cold footed Jay

:default_icon_wave:

12 minutes ago, Jayfire said:

It is with great regret I am now down to 2 pairs of running shoes, now you would think this would not be a problem, go and get some new ones, stick em on and head out the door.

However I have had the same type of shoes for years (not I said type not the same pair) and here is the latest update 

brooks-110271-673-adrenaline-gts-18-mens-aa.thumb.jpg.c5b5a3b924fb97af37fa0dd1ce61ea98.jpg

I am setting up a fund raising site shortly and seeing as you love buying shoes if you would like to contribute I would appreciate it, but I will also post the link incase you fancy buying them for me.

Size 13

Thanks in advance

A cold footed Jay

:default_icon_wave:

fire engine red too I see. you are lucky - when it comes to my feet (size 14) I dont get such a large choice.

7 minutes ago, grendel said:

fire engine red too I see. you are lucky - when it comes to my feet (size 14) I dont get such a large choice.

The colour wasn't intentional for work colours more as a way to draw attention away from the face, as in "ooh look at those red shoes" rather than "ooh look at his screwed up illuminous beetroot face"

:default_smiley-angelic002:

It's not very often i come across someone with larger feet than mine :default_laugh: although I am actually only a size 12, just running I need a 13.

Did I mention my fundraising page???? :default_rofl: