New Year Resolutions ?

Wonderwall

So, the decorations are down, the over indulgences of food and drink are kicking in . A new year , a new me :default_blink: beckons . 

Ive never really been one to make resolutions , but this year I seem to be challenging myself to a few.  The big "50" happens this year :default_badday:, so maybe that's what is driving me on to make changes . I've kept most of them to myself , but thought if I put it on here , it might shame me as the year goes on to drive on with them , should in the more than likely event I slacken off!!!

Most of them actually come under one heading " stay off the couch"!!!  The targets here , amongst others are to do at least 100 lengths of my local pool every week (25m)   and to get my step count on weekdays to 15000.

Not a drop of alcohol on a school night, and no more than 2 cigs a day ( very rarely have any more than 2 a day anyway, but boy I enjoy them.!)

More fruit and less biscuits.

Achieve ,  a break of 50 at snooker . 

Reintroduce myself to the guitar which sits in my living room , which I learnt late in life , reached a very basic but enjoyable standard , but sadly fell out the habit and is now alien to me. 

Even though I have set a few, they are all quite easily achievable so hopefully my mojo holds up,and both physically and mentally I should feel the benefits . Made a good start today , cleaning out the garage , which ain't a quick job but I'm already looking forward to carrying on tomorrow . There is something therapeutic about losing junk and clearing space for some more !!!  The attic is next :default_blink:.

So, what's everyone else hoping to target??   Hopefully we can check in here as the year goes on for some moral support and the odd size nine up the backside if and when required :default_biggrin:

Happy new year  all. 

Neil

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

All the very best of luck with it Neil, will definitely kick your bottom if you fall by the way side, I promise

I really would like to buy less shoes and drink less wine but it's really no good setting unachievable goals, is it? :default_norty:

Seriously though all I want to try and achieve is to be more healthy, always try to be kind and help my boys to be the best they can be

Grace :default_icon_kiss:

• Like 8

Lose weight, I’m 18 1/2 stone

at 6ft 2

I’m often told I look ok

but I’m sick of finding a nice shirt or similar and looking for the largest size they do only to hear “they don’t go that large”

health is second reason 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Wonderwall said:

So Grace, 

All you want to do , is stay the same :default_biggrin:

I suppose what they say is true,.....if it ain't broke and all that :default_cool:

Yeah Gracie doesn't need to change :default_norty:

For my New Years Resolutions I've decided to make a list of 10, surely some will stick?

1. Give up alcohol.
2. Try and be more realistic.
10. Stop being so lazy.

Seriously though I do need to loose some weight, last year was not good as my mum has been ill and moved into a care home.  Lots of stress, worry, driving up and down the M40, clearing and selling her house etc, etc.  Although still waiting for another operation mum is settled now and it's time to start looking after myself a little.  I am actually in shape, unfortunately that shape is round so I'll make a start by eating less and taking the dog for a few extra walks which he'll love.

Hopefully by the time we hit Norfolk in August I'll be slightly less round ! :default_biggrin:

• Like 4

11 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Ha ha!!! I'm going to try running that past Mrs Nog  :default_gbxhmm:

You seem to have misspelled "I'm going to instruct the wife that this is what she is doing too' Mr Nog :default_smiley-angelic002:

2 hours ago, Jayfire said:

You seem to have misspelled "I'm going to instruct the wife that this is what she is doing too' Mr Nog :default_smiley-angelic002:

Woo hoo JF now that would be living life on the edge...........:default_biggrin:

.........she's only bought one pair of shoes since Christmas, that was in Scarborough on Friday

None this year

Yet...................:default_norty:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Woo hoo JF now that would be living life on the edge...........:default_biggrin:

.........she's only bought one pair of shoes since Christmas, that was in Scarborough on Friday

None this year

Yet...................:default_norty:

Your doing a great job so far NN.

Women need to know when enough is enough. :default_smiley-angelic002:

Stay strong :default_biggrin: 

My resolve is already being tested. A friend has called to see if I fancy a couple of beers tonight ( I'm still on holiday) When I said I wasn't sure , he was bemused , " have you got something else on? ".  " is everything ok?"    " are you scared I might beat you at darts? "!!!!!!

I could of course drink orange juice, but that's just double torture . I have the breaking strain of a kit Kat , so let's see what happens.  At this moment in time , I'm staying in :default_blink:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Wonderwall said:

My resolve is already being tested. A friend has called to see if I fancy a couple of beers tonight ( I'm still on holiday) When I said I wasn't sure , he was bemused , " have you got something else on? ".  " is everything ok?"    " are you scared I might beat you at darts? "!!!!!!

I could of course drink orange juice, but that's just double torture . I have the breaking strain of a kit Kat , so let's see what happens.  At this moment in time , I'm staying in :default_blink:

Have a nice night out mate :default_wink:

1 hour ago, Wonderwall said:

Go on, break the Kit Kat :default_biggrin:

Your pub needs you! :default_beerchug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1