All Phones Say National Park

JohnK

perhaps we should petition Googles maps department to show more accuracy within firstly the boundaries of the area, and then perhaps the name, though "Broads National Park, member of the National parks family, but only allowed to use the name for marketing purposes" doesnt exactly flow off the tongue, and might well not fit on the screen when viewed on a phone.

• Haha 1

How about BPNP ... Broads Provisional National Park?
Or BNNP Broads Never a National Park?
Or BNPBOFMP - Broads National Park But Only For Marketing Purposes?

Or Siri says .... “I see your blood pressure is increasing, I’ve removed the NP tag. Go to your happy place Peter”

You have to admire marketing 

its like buying a stick of tradition sea side rock lettered with the words " national park " in the middle 

open it up - A couple of sucks and licks and it's gone - yet it's still only a stick of rock 

finny

• Like 1

It does say BNP on this n this came from yare house this week by way of a friend , yes its a sweet I presume mint flavour but what the heck , have BA suddenly got loads of cash to throw around on sweets ?? I can think of 3 Mooring's that have had broken ie none existent mooring posts for the last 3 yrs and all within 6 miles of yare house n yet even though they have been reported and rangers visit very often they are left and that's only half the story , BA need this wake up there job is the navigation not marketing or bloody sweets .

As for the changing of signs ! Why?? What's wrong with the old ones ? Signs are no good this moor to posts are ! Get your priory's right BA !!!!!!!!???? 

IMG_20180407_184007.jpg

They weren't even runner up for that one. Must have been all those votes for Snowdonia Real National Park that did it!

That was just a TV program competition ... it might as well have been love island
The BNP will always be my Best National Park.

50 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Broads National Park,  suck it :default_smiley-angelic002:

I'm not sure I should suck on that thing I could start hallucinating and think this wonderful place really is a national park  :37_disappointed:

John, I'm sorry if you think I have a sense of humour failure. I've no problem at all with making a joke about a serious situation, that's part of life. I may be being thick here, but I'm not getting the joke and my concern is you're stirring a tired old topic just to stimulate a reaction.

Just tale a look at the Broads Authority home page, whatever the actual legal position on NP status, the PR battle has been already won and anyone who says the Broads is not a NP will be viewed in the same light as a flat-earther by the general public

NP.JPG

John, I'm sorry if you think I have a sense of humour failure. I've no problem at all with making a joke about a serious situation, that's part of life. I may be being thick here, but I'm not getting the joke and my concern is you're stirring a tired old topic just to stimulate a reaction.

I can see why you might think that but it absolutely wasn’t my intention.
Hopefully the humour above shows that some people have taken it the way it was intended.
Perhaps it’s just my sense of humour but I genuinely laughed out loud when I imagined the likes of JM being told by his phone he’s in the Broads National Park. Not in a nasty way, I just found it funny so I thought some others might too.
I think it’s great that people on each side of the debate are poking fun at each other and themselves. I think it’s helped. But then I would think that.

I realised some people wouldn’t find it funny which I why I suggested at the start to not read the rest of the thread if you wouldn’t.
Sorry if you think I’ve done the wrong thing. I imagine some of you don’t believe a word I’ve just said but there’s nothing I can do about that. I think some people view all my posts with suspicion A lot of people I work with take everything I say the same way.
  • Like 2