Loddon Pubs

Due to our footballers finally being successful in a penalty shoot-out we now have a quarter final kicking off at 3  o clock on Saturday.

However, I pick up our hire boat from Pacific Cruisers at Loddon at 2pm!

Not really time to get anywhere else, so it looks like we'll be spending our first night either at Loddon Basin or even at the boatyard.

i believe there are 3 pubs in Loddon/Chedgrove (Swan, Kings Head and White Horse), but as we won't have the time to tour all 3 of them before kick off can anyone please advise which of them (if any) will be showing the game?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Well you wont get in the Angel sadly. :default_crying1animated:

Kings Head without a doubt. Sky/pool pub.

The White Horse is more food orientated, very good, beer is very good too but expensive. Beer is excellent in the Swan but again more food orientated.

Beer is nothing special in the Kings Head but definitely the pub to go for in this instance.

• Like 1

Thanks for your assistance. Looks like Kings Head for the football then into the White Horse for food. I think it was the White Horse we ate at last time we visited Loddon and it was very good (though it was 7 years ago)

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 2

The White Horse in Chedgrave will be showing the football but if the prices in the Swan are subject for ridicule then the Horse will leave you breathless. I'm not sure that the Swan will be showing the football anyway (though would doubt any pub could afford not to)

Agree the Kings Head is the place to go, you will be most welcome just to enjoy the game with a beverage or two. 

• Like 2

The White Horse does excellent food, far better than average pub food. Things on the menu are all home made, and not out of packets, like a lot of pubs these days, that`s why you pay a bit of a premium in price. We ate there a couple of weeks back, and thoroughly enjoyed it, and thought it was good value.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paul said:

the Horse will leave you breathless

The quality of the beer is excellent but it is the most expensive I have encountered on the Broads so far. 

To be fair though, I think it's a Punch pub and I imagine the rent and the wholesale beer prices will be eye watering. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Maxwellian said:

If staying at the boat yard make sure the shortcut to town is open at the end of May is was closed due to a fallen tree. You can walk the long way via the road.

Hi Ian

We walked round the short cut two weeks ago to see John and Lynda at Maffetts, but sadly they were out.  So at least you know, if you do stay in the peace and quiet of Pacific Cruisers yard, the short cut is open.

• Like 2