Where Might?

Meantime

53 minutes ago, Maxwellian said:

Looks like a metal frame bolted on. Reminds me of a car park.

I know what you mean, but its not a car park.

3 hours ago, NorfolkNog said:

Been scratching my head over this one, bit like JF's pubs but harder! 

Would North or South be too much of a give away??? 

I'm surprised someone hasn't got it yet. A lot of people will have gone past them, and if you've seen them, properly seen them, you would know almost immediately from the clues already given.

From reading the holiday tales, one of the moderators has been past them recently, but did he see them? He certainly wouldn't have seen through them! That should help a little with the location :default_norty:

9 minutes ago, dnks34 said:

Britvic building alongside the river in Norwich?

Indeed it is. For a number of years it looked quite derelict with many broken windows. A few years back they started work to smarten it up, I thought they were converting it into more flats, but it would appear the work was done to make the building more visually pleasing to the eye, possibly for their neighbours opposite and upriver. With the announced closure of the whole facility I'm sure at some stage in the future it will become more apartments.

IMG_2260.thumb.JPG.088c7712d04517877e628e4546241bc3.JPG

They really do look quite good and at first glance easy to mistake for proper windows.

IMG_2269.thumb.JPG.ca135d789ba474c865239023aa03a3f5.JPG

Heading downriver, even the windows on the side of the building have been done.

IMG_2272.thumb.JPG.f89cdc65a4de0bf6a9f0fb74ef8459d7.JPG

So hands up, how many people have been past, and not noticed? Bet you'll check next time you go past!IMG_2273.thumb.JPG.5fad9347a14ff0774b53071261026f4b.JPGIMG_2275.thumb.JPG.fac3b351aeaaa6d5594e4fce33a03b24.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grendel said:

Have you seen the ones where they scaffold a building, then hang a drop on the scaffolding with essentially a large photo of the building printed on to it?

Yes, that's actually very popular in Rome when they renovate a building they wrap the scaffolding in a picture of the building.

1 minute ago, vanessan said:

How long have those ‘windows’ been like that? They really are good but I have never noticed them. Something to look for on the next trip into the City. Good one ECIPA and well done dnks34. :default_icon_clap:

I cannot remember exactly but I think about two or three years. I think it was smartened up when the Brennan Bank apartments went up opposite by the Norwich City football ground. I did wonder at the time if the work was paid for or at least prompted by Taylor Wimpey who built the apartments.

• Thanks 1